Yaya Toure

I thought Yaya looked the classiest player on the pitch, some of his passing was sublime, not unusual that, but unfortunately for him, most of the time he slowed us down as a team. I haven't read most of the new posts on the thread, but I can't see him playing much part under Pep. Its good that he looks leaner, fitter even, he had one sprint where he looked pretty quick, but it was 1 in 90 minutes, and Pep wants more than that I'm afraid.

Could he do a job as a sub ? Probably, but we don't have enough squad places for me, Nasri could do a similar "job", and is quicker and has just as good a passing range, and he won't feature either. (NB: I've never been a Nasri fan, and I rate Yaya as the one of the best City players I've ever watched, so it pains me greatly to put him behind Nasri, but he is.)
I absolutely agree, on many occasions Yaya's passing has been sublime. However, it's not unfortunate for him that many times he slows the play down, it's unfortunate for us. His languid style of play was never going to work in the system that Guardiola wants to implement (which became apparent a long time ago during Yaya's stint at Barca - when he was far more mobile than he is now).
Yaya has been brilliant for our team, without a shadow of a doubt, but if we really want to kick on from here, tough choices have to be made. We could take the easy road and have journeyman players combined with a few exceptions and always finish in the top three or four - just like the Arse et al. I think we''d be selling ourselves well short. Tough decisions have to be made, and the sooner the better for all concerned IMO.

Well, if Yaya does leave it will be the end of an era, without a doubt.
I hope that everyone who saw will remember the good things about him.
My memories of Yaya include;
storming runs from deep inside his own half,
opposition players left in his wake, building up speed until a thunderbolt of a shot was unleashed and then lying on his back for a minute or two, out of breath and covered in sweat .
The F.A.Cup semi final goal where he nutmegged de Gea.
The magnificent picking out of a 35 yard , pinpoint pass that put the jitters into any oppositions' defence.
The unstoppable, unsaveable free kicks. (Everybody knew where they were going too!
The Yaya /Kolo song.
Those are just a few things that I will always remember and it doesn't seem like 5 minutes ago. Jeez I'm going to miss him.
Thanks Yaya, thank you so very very much.

If Dynamo were getting away with the ball, then I could concede the point that yaya was a problem re pressing, but as they weren't, I can't.

The main intention of pressing is to regain possession as quickly as possible to allow us to start another attack, not to merely stop the opponents. If we were content with just getting men behind the ball and not conceding we would have gone for Mourinho, not Guardiola.

The problem Yaya has got is that he no longer suits either style of football now his legs have completely gone and that's why he hasn't got any options other than Inter Milan who weren't prepared to pay a fee or China.

As always, Ya Ya was fine when he had the ball, and he looked lighter and sharper than last season generally. However, his pressing and attempts at ball retrieval when we lost possession were as pitiful as always, all but walking toward and after opponents. I can't imagine Pep was impressed and I'd say the big man's race at City is run.

As always, Ya Ya was fine when he had the ball, and he looked lighter and sharper than last season generally. However, his pressing and attempts at ball retrieval when we lost possession were as pitiful as always, all but walking toward and after opponents. I can't imagine Pep was impressed and I'd say the big man's race at City is run.
Most unusual. Finding myself in total agreement with almost everything I am reading on bluemoon at the moment.

How anyone can argue that he isn't past it is laughable

Yes he was a very good player 3 years ago, but currently no where near good enough. Would rather play Garcia

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.