Yaya Toure

It seemed that Pep was trying to start with the same shape and formation yesterday that we have had in the earlier games. So Yaya was mainly playing in the spaces that De Bruyne has been occupying. As an understudy for De Bruyne, Yaya is a square peg in round hole.

That's how it seemed to me. If he plays, he has to play as Yaya, not as DeBruyne. An alternative, not a like for like replacement.

2013 Yaya is the best Yaya and the Yaya that I will always remember.

But his legs has gone.

No one can dispute his huge contribution to the team in the past but he's gone. As great as a player he has been for us I just can't warm to him, he's basically a money grabbing egotistical tit, I'm genuinely sad that Joe is going but I couldn't give two hoots about Yaya going, I'm grateful for his contribution on the park naturally but I could see him doing a Winston Bogarde for us, of anyone thinks he genuinely cares about City they are in cloud cuckoo land.

No one can dispute his huge contribution to the team in the past but he's gone. As great as a player he has been for us I just can't warm to him, he's basically a money grabbing egotistical tit, I'm genuinely sad that Joe is going but I couldn't give two hoots about Yaya going, I'm grateful for his contribution on the park naturally but I could see him doing a Winston Bogarde for us, of anyone thinks he genuinely cares about City they are in cloud cuckoo land.

I think people are in cloud cuckoo land if they think most of the players care that much about City or any at rags or Liverpool or Arsenal or Spurs etc etc, the same re their clubs.

I think people are in cloud cuckoo land if they think most of the players care that much about City or any at rags or Liverpool or Arsenal or Spurs etc etc, the same re their clubs.

Sadly you are probably right but we do have the likes of Zaba, Joe, Micah and co and the likes of Big Andy Morrison, Kevin Horlock, Bish, The Goat etc still have strong feelings for the club even though they are from a different era.

Sadly you are probably right but we do have the likes of Zaba, Joe, Micah and co and the likes of Big Andy Morrison, Kevin Horlock, Bish, The Goat etc still have strong feelings for the club even though they are from a different era.

I think Yaya will have strong feelings for the club, but like all of them, including Joe, he will have stronger feelings for himself.

If any of the above had his agent, I think they would be viewed quite differently.

Could Yaya not play in the pivot role that Fernando played last night, dropping back between the centre halves? He wouldn't need to press quite so much and we could benefit from his vision.

Yea i thought Pep may have given him a run at CB,didn't he play there at Barca at some point.
Last night was the perfect chance,saying that Kolorov was outstanding again alongside Stones,so maybe Pep has his choices of CB fixed.

Absolutely. I'd imagine he won't be anywhere near the bench on sunday. That's how far he has fallen. Would be a shame to have him rot in the stands for a year. Hope he leaves.
Can't say Delph or Fernando look much better either. And they still have their legs. 1-2 midfielders that suit his system is probably be gonna be a priority for Pep in the next transfer windows.
Fully agree our midfield individually and collectively looked very average last night. There is nothing I can add to the comments which describe the massive contribution made to the club by Yaya Toure but if he does not find a new home in the next few days not sure if he will play much football over the next few months.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.