Yaya Toure

Yaya is top notch but falls behind Colin Bell on tackling , which he is pretty poor at , and heading ability .....

BongoBlue said:
Yaya is not the greatest ever by any means but as others have said, he would very possibly make the City all-time XI. I do think that he would have stood out in previous generations.

No-one else today has his combination of size, pace, strength coupled with incredible touch and footballing nous. On his day, he is simply unplayable. You can take Silva out of a game - good and all as he is, but not Yaya. Despite the world-class players that we have: Kompany, Silva etc., only Yaya (and Aguero to a slightly lesser extent) have the "fear factor" to other clubs.

What manure, Chelski and especially Arsenal wouldn't do for a player like him. The nearest thing to Vieira in the game today. It is no coincidence that Arse have won nothing since he left.

So yeah, he's pretty damn good. Sometimes frustrating and lazy, but I always breathe a sigh of relief when his name is on the team-sheet.

On his day, he is simply unplayable. You can take Silva out of a game - good and all as he is, but not Yaya.[/i]

Bayern Munich at home and Borussia Dortmund at home both say you are wrong.

I can't comment on Bell but he is very close, very hard to judge as we have so many contenders in this current team.

It does frustrate me when he switches off in games but I think he loses interest against the lesser teams, which is a shame but on ability he is world class and there is no bigger big game midfield player than him.

Obviously the aguero moment was incredible but when he scored that first against Newcastle away I nearly exploded into a million bits (best description I can muster)

One for the hall of fame. If you disagree then you will get a slap you shit bag

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Not even in our top five.

Bell, Swift, Trautmann, Doherty, Meredith, Woosnam, Lee, Tilson.

This club has had plenty of legends.

Normally agree with you Tolmie.......but not on this one, I love the way the man plays, never gives it way, can play the killer pass and can run right through an opposition team.

azlan said:
Stoned Rose said:
Depends how you define 'great'?

In terms of impact he's certainly up there as he often comes through for us in the 'big' games.

In terms of football ability, he isn't a patch on Aguero, Silva or Kompany
from the current team, let alone some of our past legends.

Would certainly be in our all time best 11 though.

He is definitely on par with them in terms of football ability probably better imo.

Dont think there is anything he cant do with the ball at his feet unreal ability, he should be the best midfielder on the planet but his mobility and defensive weaknesses hold him back.

Still a great player.

Silva does things with the ball Yaya couldn't even dream of.

Both absolutely quality though.

Bazzmand Show said:
He's a phenom. There are no other players in the world, who can compete with him in the middle, when hes on form.
When he's not he's mediocre. The best players have given it their all in every game, have left everything on the pitch. Vinnie for example.
Does Yaya do this? In my book no.
One of the best yes, but the best, no.

One of the many great city myths is that yaya "switches off" and is "lazy". Like most of these myths it is based on his body language rather than facts. Fans always fall for it and on forums these things get repeated ad infinitum until some see them as fact.

Yaya has weaknesses in his game, mainly tackling and playing in tight spaces. But lack of motivation is not one of them.

Aguero is. He would walk into any team. The 3rd best player to have ever played in the Premiership(behind fake Ronaldo and Henry.), Yaya's an amazing player, on form the most complete central midfielder in the world but Aguero has the "X-Factor" the day he signed I changed my name, I knew we had arrived, no longer signing players just for the money. He'll go on to smash our all time goal record.

Great Player happy he's playing for us, but even though its difficult to compare players from different era's he's not even close to Colin Bell, that said Yaya's one of the big reasons our trophy cabinets back in use and i'll lay good odds he has a stormer Bonfire night.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.