Yaya Toure

Tell you what, I hope you are right :-)

I'm not going to be wrong because I have not expressed an opinion on whether or not he will be able to do a job. I'm just saying we do not know for sure and will have to wait and see if Pep and his team can bring about some sort of renaissance in Yaya.

I'm not going to be wrong because I have not expressed an opinion on whether or not he will be able to do a job. I'm just saying we do not know for sure and will have to wait and see if Pep and his team can bring about some sort of renaissance in Yaya.
Right sure

The Yaya issue to me is purely associated with nature itself, big dogs are often powerful, prolific and full of vigour when in their first 5 years of life, but then decline much faster than smaller leaner breeds, in general often ending up not living past 10 years.

Yaya clearly is freakishly big boned and a huge unit, in essence he's almost a footballing equivalent to a supertanker, with unfortunately a turning circle, at times of several nautical miles, granted though, once he has got up to speed in the past, he's been virtually unstoppable and for such a colossal figure, he's quite fleet of foot.

Having said this, as seems to be the case more often in recent times, he'll overrun the ball or get a bit of a nudge causing him to tumble and end up going down like a giant redwood, before becoming quite cringe-worthy and almost pathetically weak, feeble and baby like at times.

Yes we all appreciate what a huge asset and player he has been in bringing City so far in the time he has graced our Club, and for that we will always owe him a debt, but clearly the writing now is on the wall.

Where we are now heading as a Club is no place for such sluggish dinosaurs, without appetite for battle, financially comfortable, egotistically rigid to a point of arrogance or of an opinion that they are right to make demands based purely on past exploits.

He's clearly an elitist and with an ego that craves any kind of media attention, his previous embarrassing exit at the hands of Pep will not be something Yaya will likely ever be capable of putting behind him, so I can't imagine he will in any way be willing to consider the alternative of knuckling down or being anything less than the star of the show on centre stage.

Obviously I doubt there are many Blues who expect his many instances of petulance and immaturity will have helped his cause or enamoured him to the fans or Club, and surely an exit must now be very much on the cards, just wish he'd show some dignity and go quietly and on good terms, but I doubt it.

Pep didn't want him when he was younger and fitter.
Why should Pep want him now?
He will be sold. Preferably for Pep overseas.

We have been linked with Kroos in the media.

If that is true, & Pep has a role for Kroos, then Yaya can play the same role & could have, a stone heavier, last season.

If we were never serious about Kroos & Pep wants all of his mids legging it about for 90 mins then Yaya will struggle at his age. And so would Kroos at his age.

We have been linked with Kroos in the media.

If that is true, & Pep has a role for Kroos, then Yaya can play the same role & could have, a stone heavier, last season.

If we were never serious about Kroos & Pep wants all of his mids legging it about for 90 mins then Yaya will struggle at his age. And so would Kroos at his age.

Do any of our resident ITK's know we were 100% in for Kroos? As good as he is he just doesn't seem like a player Pep would want back with the lack of intensity he clearly shows. There's no way he could ever play in the holding role, as proved at Bayern judging by what I've read of Peps' book so far, in fact he even chose Lahm in front of a genuine midfielder.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.