Yaya....world class attacking midfielder....

citykev28 said:
Whitefield Blue said:
Robbo. said:
are people actually slating Yaya Toure or have i just imagined this thread?

ffs!

bring back andy morrison

Nope. Some people are saying that he is playing in a role that doesn't bring out his strengths and requires other attributes that he doesn't possess.

Nobody has slated him at all. Maybe read the posts properly before jumping to that conclusion.

No need to snap at Robbo mate. He's simply defending Yaya (Vinnie could learn to defend this well). There's no need for your reaction.

Im glad you raised that before I was forced to bring the blowtorch out of retirement!!!

ALWAYS had at least 3 and many times 4 dortmund players swarming him as soon as he got the ball, never had time to settle. garcia going off and barry not available meant we had no outlet for him to pass to and create his own space

nasri should play this deeper role as he is excellent in possession and has a good passing vision

barry/garcia yaya nasri
in mid 3 with yaya furthest forward

citykev28 said:
Whitefield Blue said:
Robbo. said:
are people actually slating Yaya Toure or have i just imagined this thread?

ffs!

bring back andy morrison

Nope. Some people are saying that he is playing in a role that doesn't bring out his strengths and requires other attributes that he doesn't possess.

Nobody has slated him at all. Maybe read the posts properly before jumping to that conclusion.

No need to snap at Robbo mate. He's simply defending Yaya (Vinnie could learn to defend this well). There's no need for your reaction.

hmmmmmm...

Zin 'messiah' Zimmer said:
citykev28 said:
Whitefield Blue said:

Im glad you raised that before I was forced to bring the blowtorch out of retirement!!!

I was simply saying that nobody was 'slating' Yaya but pointing out the strengths (loads) and weaknesses (the odd one) in his game.

forevermancity said:
average defensive midfielder.

Why play him in the defensive role, I dont get it. can anyone shed some light on this for me?
He's not got the legs to get up and down enough, impact sub at best for me. If we started off with a more solid base he could do his 30 minutes at full pelt.
The current problems we have is new players getting used to covering for his lack of mobility after a run.

micah2013 said:
He is just too damn lazy to work.as a midfield 2 that is why barca let him go because they realisef he wasn't working hard enough on the defensive side when they lost the ball, like right now watch how many times silva and others had to cover for him whenever he lost the ball.

He is lazy because the sooner he is moved forward the bettet he plays as he knows he won't have to defend anymore, 2nd he also seems gazed after 70 minutes or so for top player earning as much as he does he should be a lot fitter, barca knew this as busquets is a harder worker than yaya despite being less talented and yaya is only going to get worse.

We should have never allowed de jong to as him and barry made this team so hard to beat and what is with this nastisic damn that guy is slow as hell.

But, I don't think Yaya is #10. We need a #10 who can operate effectively in tight, congested areas, creating chances for our FWs and acting as a linking man between the midfield and attackers.

Eggsy said:
Thought he looked very tired last night, even though he didn't have the Euro's to contend with in the summer.

He always looks tired to me, but i'm not surprised with the sudden bursts of energy he provides, what gets me is he might make 2/3 forward runs (that I honestly can't think any1 else in the world can do as well as him) and people call him a lazy so and so when he get's his breath! I don't think he's used as a DM, more like a combative player at the start of games to put the opposition under pressure, then when they fade he can produce! I have noticed when he is asked to play deeper, when we are in control of games he makes it look so simple and rarely loses the ball.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.