Yaya....world class attacking midfielder....

This is the biggest reason we shouldn't of let De Jong go, it now restricts Yaya.

If Yaya is advanced i sometimes worry because Rodwell and Garcia aren't performing and we miss Barry.

If De Jong played with Milner or Barry i'd feel safe.

But now i feel every game we play the midfield is exposed, especially if Yaya plays further forward.

Paul11/12 said:
Eggsy said:
Thought he looked very tired last night, even though he didn't have the Euro's to contend with in the summer.

He always looks tired to me, but i'm not surprised with the sudden bursts of energy he provides, what gets me is he might make 2/3 forward runs (that I honestly can't think any1 else in the world can do as well as him) and people call him a lazy so and so when he get's his breath! I don't think he's used as a DM, more like a combative player at the start of games to put the opposition under pressure, then when they fade he can produce! I have noticed when he is asked to play deeper, when we are in control of games he makes it look so simple and rarely loses the ball.

Yaya can operate more effectively if he has a lot of space and time. That's why I think his best position is not behind a striker/s as a playmaker, but in one of the two cms as a deep-lying playmaker in 4-2-3-1. But then, if he plays as one of the cms, then he would need to make more defensive contribution, and increase workload than if he plays further up.

Wow I am glad you are not in football management, average defensive midfielder I cannot believe I have read those words.

He is a world-class midfielder wherever he plays, hell even he did well at centreback and has shown he can finish like a forward. Trust the manager to play him in his most effective role in each match. You can't just watch him rip apart Villarreal or be effective against Real Madrid in an attacking role, there are plenty of matches where he much better suited deeper in the pitch.

Joga Bonito said:
Wow I am glad you are not in football management, average defensive midfielder I cannot believe I have read those words.

He is a world-class midfielder wherever he plays, hell even he did well at centreback and has shown he can finish like a forward. Trust the manager to play him in his most effective role in each match. You can't just watch him rip apart Villarreal or be effective against Real Madrid in an attacking role, there are plenty of matches where he much better suited deeper in the pitch.

He is a world class midfielder. But you also don't want your world class midfielders, chasing opponents and making tackles. Go watch Juve, Pirlo never plays with one other bloke, he always has 2-3 other guys with him, because that allows him to be more damaging. I'd rather Toure use his ability in the front third, than waste energy chasing blokes and taking tackles.

Absolute tripe.

He was taken out twice by Dortmund players which meant he couldn't move properly, needless to say their players went unpunished for it.

Yaya made his runs from deep against Real Madrid so not quite sure what you are talking about, he can't do lung bursting runs all game every game!

Yaya is NOT a world class defensive mid! No where near it.

Just give Garcia some time and he'll be superior to any other player we have in that position, and will also show why he is a better player than De Jong was for us.

Speaking of dear Nigel, he's not exactly making Milan fans scream in excitement, but we know don't we, that he is a great defensive mid and will soon come good for them right?

Garcia will be our number one defensive mid for years to come. Yaya should only play there if Garcia, Barry, Milner and Rodwell are unavailable. I'd rather play Zabaleta in a defensive mid position than misuse Yaya there.

Yaya is though, a fantastic box to box midfielder, with offensive qualities we have in no other player, so I only see him playing as an attacking centre mid or as a offensive minded central defender next to Barry for example.

Robbo. said:
Lets fuck him off and get rid!!

in fact lets get rid of Sergio, Silva, Tevez, Kompany, the lot of em!!

Mancinis shit, whats he ever done for city and the owners, get the fuck out!!!

BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Now I thought you were just defending our players with some blinkers, now I realise your just abit simple

Who said all of the above? Please show?

forevermancity said:
Robbo. said:

Now I thought you were just defending our players with some blinkers, now I realise your just abit simple

Not%2BSure%2Bif%2Bserious.jpg

kiam06 said:
Absolute tripe.

He was taken out twice by Dortmund players which meant he couldn't move properly, needless to say their players went unpunished for it.

Yaya made his runs from deep against Real Madrid so not quite sure what you are talking about, he can't do lung bursting runs all game every game!
No he didn't he had Garcia and Barry behind giving him the licence to get forward.

Robbo. said:
forevermancity said:
Robbo. said:

Not%2BSure%2Bif%2Bserious.jpg
Please show?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.