Yaya

It appears that some of our fans haven't moved on from wanting players who will needlessly, and without any tactical nous, run around the pitch all day long chasing shadows. However, as long as they are seen to be running and chasing anything that moves, fair play to them.

BringBackSwales said:
pee dubya said:
BringBackSwales said:
You are wrong, Yaya puts a shift in every match. Sometimes he might get knackered after a 70 yard run, but who doesn't? He no more does this in a big match than a so called smaller match
I don't think you can argue against that he quite regularly doesn't do his duty defensively. Personally i can accept that because of his total genius and the huge contribution he makes doing other things.

Yes I can argue - he cannot be in 2 places at once. Show me the stats that say he is lazy?
He's lazy 11.64% of the time according to my arse. Use your eyes.

malg said:
It appears that some of our fans haven't moved on from wanting players who will needlessly, and without any tactical nous, run around the pitch all day long chasing shadows. However, as long as they are seen to be running and chasing anything that moves, fair play to them.

I think some of our players had a mental image of Yaya when he joined us as being a dynamic box to box player. Not very skilful but very athletic. And when he initially put in some of those long bursting runs that seemed to confirm the preconception.

He's actually turned out to vastly better player than we could ever have expected. A beautiful passer of the ball, an excellent finisher with incredibly nimble feet. But some fans still seem to yearn for the box to box dynamo.

I believe he is world class, and that there isn't much room to move from that belief.

He is a jack of all trades, those who say he can't defend when he played CB against what was probably United's best squad of the last decade in the CL final and kept a clean sheet. Not to mention his obvious attacking strengths, expertly displayed this season for us. He can make excellent passes, often dictates play from deep in midfield and runs himself ragged a lot of the time whether you see it or not. He has the ability to read the game better than De Jong (for the sake of examples) and has won the possession back for us this season more than any other player on our team.

He's won it all at club level, performed in several different countries to the top of his ability and has one of the biggest involvements in a relatively recent unsuccessful club's resurrection to the top of the game. He's scored winning final goals, and quite frankly along with Dzeko has been our best 'scorer' since Christmas keeping us in the hunt for the title.

He has amassed 82 caps for country, and was unlucky not to win the ACoN with them. Not to mention 4 African players of the year in the world and PFA team of the year, most probably for the second time this season and one of the biggest candidates for PFA player of the season this year.

All this is being discredited because sometimes he is slow to get up, jeez. World class for me, no question. Long live King Yaya

pee dubya said:
BringBackSwales said:
pee dubya said:
I don't think you can argue against that he quite regularly doesn't do his duty defensively. Personally i can accept that because of his total genius and the huge contribution he makes doing other things.

Yes I can argue - he cannot be in 2 places at once. Show me the stats that say he is lazy?

You really are quite the fuckwit aren't you (no question mark there). Yaya Toure is about as complete a footballer I have seen (with my eyes) in 55 years as a match-going Blue. Knobs like you who feel the need to look for something to criticise in a genuinely world class footballer leave me completely fucking dumbfounded. You are very wrong, you clearly know fuck all about football, and you are very much a simpleton, that's all

BringBackSwales said:
pee dubya said:
BringBackSwales said:

You really are quite the fuckwit aren't you (no question mark there). Yaya Toure is about as complete a footballer I have seen (with my eyes) in 55 years as a match-going Blue. Knobs like you who feel the need to look for something to criticise in a genuinely world class footballer leave me completely fucking dumbfounded. You are very wrong, you clearly know fuck all about football, and you are very much a simpleton, that's all
Do you have any stats that say i'm quite the fuckwit? Otherwise i don't believe it.

pee dubya said:
BringBackSwales said:
pee dubya said:

Do you have any stats that say i'm quite the fuckwit? Otherwise i don't believe it.

I think when you say that Yaya Toure picks and chooses the games he puts effort into then you have conclusively answered the question yourself

BringBackSwales said:
pee dubya said:
BringBackSwales said:

I think when you say that Yaya Toure picks and chooses the games he puts effort into then you have conclusively answered the question yourself
Righto, firstly i didn't say that, i said he appears to pick and choose when to really put the effort in. 'Appears to' and 'when'i.e. within the same game also. And 'really put the effort' in differs from putting no effort in. Plus all that was actually in the context of understanding other peoples frustration, rather than criticising him myself, i actually said i wasn't that bothered. If a simpleton can differentiate between that and what you portrayed me as saying, i'm sure a relative genius can also.

Secondly no footballer, no matter how good (or any person in general) should be above scrutiny and criticism.

Okay, I take a lot of what people commend in him as good sound reasoning. What does bug me in his attitude, is his petulance.

Those stupid little kicks which do get him booked, and could lead to a sending-off. Even against Southampton at the end I was hoping Pellegrini would take him off and play with 10 men, he looked like he was that close to getting red card.

ChichesterBlue said:
Kun Aguero said:
Big game player.

Watch him deliver on Sunday.

The Ivorian death tank will drag us to the title.

Big game player, shame he doesn't deliver half the time against the likes of Sunderland, Cardiff, Aston Villa etc. When he's on form he's unstoppable, when he ain't, he's just an arm waving sulking turd. Fingers crossed it's the big game player that turns up...

Yes he really should show up against the likes of Sunderland!.............oh wait !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.