Yaya

Thank god, these so called "supporters" have no involvment in our squad selection.
Yaya has virtualy no competition in Europe, let alone in this league.
When his time to retire will come, it will be as devastating as loosing David, if not much more damaging to our team overall strengh.

I've been going since 72 and I can't make my mind up who the best I've seen is. All I can say is Yaya and David amaze me on a regular basis. I feel priveliged to watch them and anybody,City fan or other who doesn't rate them as world class doesnt understand football

jimharri said:
mike100lewis said:
Ya Ya

FA cup semi final - Biggest win in my life as city fan - scored the wining goal (this day was the turning point - when we turned into a team who could beat anyone)
FA Cup final - first trophy as a city fan scored the winning goal
Newcastle away - two goals - pivotal game as important as Kompany's goal against Utd. Also set up Zab's first goal against QPR.
League Cup - equaliser. Changed the whole tone to the game (we were all right miserable till he scored fearing another Wigan)

In my eyes Leg!

(Ok I've had a few beers but still.. don't think I've seen better since I started going in 83-84)
Your what?

In my eyes 'legend'!

Shouldn't post when half pi**ed :)

Yaya is a player who does the most walking and the least running on a football field, but in every City game he receives the most touches along with David Silva even playing the game at his own pace. He's a big man, with a huge frame to cart up and down the pitch and he knows what works for him. He always knows where the ball is, is always in the correct positions and when he needs a burst of pace it's there, not to mention the free kicks. He doesn't need to run around like a chicken with no head like Tom Cleverley looking busy doing nothing, he's a highly experienced pro who understands the game and knows what is best for his own body.
He's what I'd call an economical footballer and inspires confidence in every other City player, and when he doesn't play we miss him massively.

I really don't get the criticism, especially the label that he's lazy. Lazy? He plays more games than anyone in our squad, he's never injured and he's selected every single game when available- both for City and Ivory Coast. His understanding of the game makes him world class, he's a highly intelligent footballer. Anyone that can't see that he's the engine of the City team, and more important to us than any other City player isn't watching what I am watching. To all the dissenters, you will have to admit how good he is when we try and replace him because there isn't a replacement- it's an impossible task. As much as we love Aguero and Silva, we can replace them with similar types of players in world football. If anyone can tell me a natural replacement for Yaya, then give me a name. If Arsenal can't replace Vieira then how are we going to replace a superior player like Yaya Toure?

The definition of World Class. Would walk into EVERY team in the world.

I really understand the mixed feelings towards Yaya from some, he's a bit like a midfield Ibrahimovic.

pee dubya said:
I really understand the mixed feelings towards Yaya from some, he's a bit like a midfield Ibrahimovic.[/quote

Yes, they are similar, they are both worlds class, and both winners

BringBackSwales said:
pee dubya said:
I really understand the mixed feelings towards Yaya from some, he's a bit like a midfield Ibrahimovic.

Undoubtedly you can't argue with their records or quality, two of the most destructive footballers you'll ever see.

On the other hand there's a slight nagging doubt that we (and PSG) rely too much on one player that gives the impression of picking and choosing when to really put the effort in.

I love Yaya, one of my favourite footballers to watch in the World, but it doesn't mean i don't understand the frustration he can invoke.

I think every top team has that kind of player, maybe except Atletico. Perhaps a legitimate question is whether central midfield is the right place to have a player of that ilk.

pee dubya said:
BringBackSwales said:
pee dubya said:

Undoubtedly you can't argue with their records or quality, two of the most destructive footballers you'll ever see.

On the other hand there's a slight nagging doubt that we (and PSG) rely too much on one player that gives the impression of picking and choosing when to really put the effort in.

I love Yaya, one of my favourite footballers to watch in the World, but it doesn't mean i don't understand the frustration he can invoke.

I think every top team has that kind of player, maybe except Atletico. Perhaps a legitimate question is whether central midfield is the right place to have a player of that ilk.

You are wrong, Yaya puts a shift in every match. Sometimes he might get knackered after a 70 yard run, but who doesn't? He no more does this in a big match than a so called smaller match<br /><br />-- Sat Apr 12, 2014 2:27 pm --<br /><br />
pantalon violet said:
BringBackSwales said:
ChichesterBlue said:
Big game player, shame he doesn't deliver half the time against the likes of Sunderland, Cardiff, Aston Villa etc. When he's on form he's unstoppable, when he ain't, he's just an arm waving sulking turd. Fingers crossed it's the big game player that turns up...

you are possibly the stupidest fucking **** I have seen post in here, and believe me that takes some fucking doing

Your **** is not working I'll help

You are the stupidest fucking **** I have seen post on here

And I agree

I think it is working now - Chichester Blue you are a stupid fucking shagfucker **** (no offence like)

BringBackSwales said:
pee dubya said:
BringBackSwales said:

You are wrong, Yaya puts a shift in every match. Sometimes he might get knackered after a 70 yard run, but who doesn't? He no more does this in a big match than a so called smaller match
I don't think you can argue against that he quite regularly doesn't do his duty defensively. Personally i can accept that because of his total genius and the huge contribution he makes doing other things.

pee dubya said:
BringBackSwales said:
pee dubya said:

You are wrong, Yaya puts a shift in every match. Sometimes he might get knackered after a 70 yard run, but who doesn't? He no more does this in a big match than a so called smaller match
I don't think you can argue against that he quite regularly doesn't do his duty defensively. Personally i can accept that because of his total genius and the huge contribution he makes doing other things.

Yes I can argue - he cannot be in 2 places at once. Show me the stats that say he is lazy?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.