Yaya

he often gives the impression he feels some of our players are inferior to him and considering his past team-mates it may be true.
Nearly thirty now, and despite being the most gifted of our players, he is becoming a luxury, and should not play in Europe. unless he is physically on top form. Will take some replacing and thats for sure

Needs to understand he's got responsibilities as a central midfielder, too often he goes wandering off looking for the ball and fails to get back and cover. When Milner and Barry play it's not too much of an issue against poorer opposition e.g. last night, but in big games it's a problem.

For me, in big games, and away games, he needs to be part of a midfield three rather than a midfield two.

Is definitely suffering from a lack of fitness.

That picture of him in 2011 is quite remarkable I think compared with now.

New fitness team, get him back to shape and watch the bulldozer within come back to destroy defenses again.

CTID101 said:
Is definitely suffering from a lack of fitness.

That picture of him in 2011 is quite remarkable I think compared with now.

New fitness team, get him back to shape and watch the bulldozer within come back to destroy defenses again.

He needs some of his brothers pills if u ask me

blueinsa said:
Yaya needs some serious competition for his place imo.

Knew this season he was a shoe in and that's never a good thing at this level.

That's what you get for having an "always start, do not sub" clause in your contract!

He needs to be positioned in an attacking position, not defensive. There has been countless times this season where he's charged forward, we've lost the ball, and he's just been strolling back to our end and thus a gaping hole right in front of the back 4. I remember Lescott having a go at him early in the season for that, mayabe against Southampton, and he has got even worse since.

Also, we rely on him too much. We need to develop a Plan B desperatly, one thing Mancini failed at.

I've noticed a lot tgis season that he doesn't track runners. There are times when we are defending and the opposition will just run in behind him and he will just switch off which leaves glaring holes in the middle of the pitch.

I read on here that Pelli likes a 4-2-3-1. There seems to be a common consensus that Yaya should not be part of the 2 and so he would inevitably be playing further forward without the need for any defensive duties in his own half and which seem to be beneath him these days. So he should create and score more to compensate when not 'rested'. I am sure Pelli knows this or, at least, Kiddo will tell him.

Just a hunch but I don't think Yaya will be Yaya the undroppable under MP.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.