Yaya

BlueMoonz1977 said:
NQCitizen said:
Blue Elmo said:
Within a 4-4-2, I think he is given too much responsibility. His lack of effort at times can be exploited and it can cost us. Either he is pushed further forward and stays there where the work is not as necessary, or he is dropped further back as a true holding midfielder alongside another with an attacking midfielder infront, not a striker. He is good, very good, but needs to kick it up a notch again.

If Pellegrini is coming in with a 4-2-2-2 we'll see the same old rubbish from Yaya we do when he's played anywhere other than behind the striker. He's a great player, one we've depended on but truthfully I think he'll always be something of a square peg in a round hole and defensively a liability.

No what he needs is a player who can actually fill that role and allow him to move forward without having to worry about defending the back four. Barry is way past his best and imo needs to be replaced come the summer

If it is Fernandinho then that will be a vast improvement

With one of Clichy and Zab always being out of position that still leaves probably 4-5 attacking players attacking 3-4 of our defenders though.

Gundogan and Bender, Alonso and Khedira, Schweinsteiger and Martinez - they're solid pairings in a way Yaya can't contribute.

I have been trying to tell anyone who will listen,for 18 months,, we will do nothing in Europe with this guy in midfield.

No effort , will not tackle, will not challenge in the air. legs have gone. Wallet fatigue.

Will be interesting to see if the new manager can see what Mancini, his 2 pals and 40,000 fans cannot see. I have been ridiculed on Bluemoon for stating this many times. This guy is no longer good enough. You need a strong, vibrant, fast midfield to challenge in Europe. Slowly the trickle is turning into a stream as people begin to see what has been obvious for 18 months.

paulgmurphyhumphries said:
I have been trying to tell anyone who will listen,for 18 months,, we will do nothing in Europe with this guy in midfield.

No effort , will not tackle, will not challenge in the air. legs have gone. Wallet fatigue.

Will be interesting to see if the new manager can see what Mancini, his 2 pals and 40,000 fans cannot see. I have been ridiculed on Bluemoon for stating this many times. This guy is no longer good enough. You need a strong, vibrant, fast midfield to challenge in Europe. Slowly the trickle is turning into a stream as people begin to see what has been obvious for 18 months.

Brave post. You won't get any support for a Yaya out motion on here though, not from any more than 2 or 3 people tops. FWIW I'm in the 'best side isn't going to include Yaya' camp and have been for a while.

Going to be an even braver manager who drops him though.

adrianr said:

Brave post. You won't get any support for a Yaya out motion on here though, not from any more than 2 or 3 people tops. FWIW I'm in the 'best side isn't going to include Yaya' camp and have been for a while.

Going to be an even braver manager who drops him though.

I know, I know. Driving me mad. The manager who drops him, may be the one to keep his job and reach his target.

Alot of people are jumping on yayas back. I agree he has at times been lazy and does not put a great deal of effort in to defend but in part it was mancinis fault for his over reliance on him. Mancini started him in every game he could. He was worried what would happen to the team if he did not play and frankly he has probably been burnt out for the end of the season. He clearly cannot play every single game and adding to that he was never subbed by mancini. I understand he wants to play all the time but I am sure he would not mind being left out for a few cup games and other games we could win at home without him if needed.

I've said that he looks overweight all season.

This is a pic from the 2010-11 season:
4yaya-ap_1719670c.jpg

This is a pic of him this season:
yaya%20Celebrates.ashx

He doesn't look as light on his feet, he rarely goes on any of his runs, he doesn't really have the same impact on games as he did in previous years.

Caveman said:
I've said that he looks overweight all season.

This is a pic from the 2010-11 season:
4yaya-ap_1719670c.jpg

This is a pic of him this season:
yaya%20Celebrates.ashx

He doesn't look as light on his feet, he rarely goes on any of his runs, he doesn't really have the same impact on games as he did in previous years.

I thought he should have scored a few last night but his passng was back close to its best

Totally agree. Been poor all season and especially gets found out in Europe against more dynamic (ie better workrate/movement) midfields. Too many times people rave about him in games but only remember the couple of runs that he can do, not the 87 mins he adds nothing.

Yaya needs some serious competition for his place imo.

Knew this season he was a shoe in and that's never a good thing at this level.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.