Yaya

OB1 said:
All this Yaya is lazy crap really cracks me up. Only one player in the league avearged more passes per game than Yaya. That is not the mark of a lazy player.

He plays passes, we lose the ball, he shrugs his shoulders, lets the opposition run past him makes a token jog then takes up a position to play some more passes.

Which would be great if he was there solely to distribute, but he isn't and he fails miserably at the defensive side of the game. Like many have said he's not fully suited to a midfield two.

If you play as the deepest midfielder (the always open option) in one of the leagues best possession teams you'll get a lot of passes.

He's burnt out and has recurring back pains. He needs competition and someone who can fill in for him say once every 3 games without us having to worry about not being able to control the midfield.

Fernandinho, anyone? Maybe even Rodwell if he keeps on progressing.

He's an absolute disgrace and does not deserve to wear that shirt. Don't care what he's done in the past for us. Anyone who gives less than 100% every game shouldn't play it's as simple as that. Yaya hasn't even been playing at 50% this season.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I think Yaya and all the players need to go and lie on a beach somewhere for 6 weeks or so, get some sun on their backs, and recharge them batteries!!

Whale on a beach !<br /><br />-- Mon May 20, 2013 9:18 pm --<br /><br />
Ireland_for_pm said:
He's an absolute disgrace and does not deserve to wear that shirt. Don't care what he's done in the past for us. Anyone who gives less than 100% every game shouldn't play it's as simple as that. Yaya hasn't even been playing at 50% this season.
^ This

How interesting to see Yaya signing Autographs on a PR exercise in New York.
I went to the team hotel prior to the FA Cup Final and met the team on their walkabout with around 15 others (mostly Kids). Yaya breezed straight past us refusing to sign any autographs or have photos even though people were shouting and singing his name!!!! The Real Fans!!!!
BIG Shout out to Vincent Kompany, Sergio and Silva who were fantastic, making sure everyone had an autograph and a photo with them.

It really fucks me off seeing a bloke who gets paid more in a week than I do in a decade put in such a poor effort.

I've never been fully convinced by him but what he did do was turn it on in big games (FA Cup Semi 2011, FA Cup Final 2011, Newcastle away 2012). This season, when we've been crying out for him to take a game by the scruff of the neck he's been nowhere to be seen. He's been more guilty than anyone else in the squad of playing at a level well below their capabilities.

He's unfit. Has been since the day he signed but at first I put it down to fasting and then to burnout but it's clear to me the bloke's just not fit enough. Will make a good run but then is out of the game for five minutes while he stands hands on hips or knees puffing trying to recover.

masterwig said:
It really fucks me off seeing a bloke who gets paid more in a week than I do in a decade put in such a poor effort.

I've never been fully convinced by him but what he did do was turn it on in big games (FA Cup Semi 2011, FA Cup Final 2011, Newcastle away 2012). This season, when we've been crying out for him to take a game by the scruff of the neck he's been nowhere to be seen. He's been more guilty than anyone else in the squad of playing at a level well below their capabilities.

He's unfit. Has been since the day he signed but at first I put it down to fasting and then to burnout but it's clear to me the bloke's just not fit enough. Will make a good run but then is out of the game for five minutes while he stands hands on hips or knees puffing trying to recover.

I agree with the first two paragraphs, and have no idea about the third. I don't think he should play every minute of every game, he didn't at Barca, and he tried much more when he had to fight to get in the team. Barca had better players than him, but we needed him, and he is built for the Premier League. I think next season he should be used more sparingly, and hopefully he would then be more willing to play where we need him too. I only hope we have the players in the squad who can play instead, and then we don't have to rely on Yaya so much.

Jumanji said:
He's burnt out and has recurring back pains. He needs competition and someone who can fill in for him say once every 3 games without us having to worry about not being able to control the midfield.

Fernandinho, anyone? Maybe even Rodwell if he keeps on progressing.

This x 1000000

/ thread

I've always said it since last October, Yaya never even looked 80% fit and yet, Mancini continued sticking him in his starting XI days-in days-out : this was overkill and pure madness.
His efficiency never recovered, in fact it got worse when he got back from Acon.

Add to that his horrid body language, and you have the perfec scape goat for all the plastic kiddos...

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I think Yaya and all the players need to go and lie on a beach somewhere for 6 weeks or so, get some sun on their backs, and recharge them batteries!!

Any money i had for even a week on a beach went last weekend in London.
They could have at least tried.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.