yaya.....

Yaya is captain for one reason.....he plays all the time. When Vinny's out its too easy for Pellers..... who as a foreign coach doesn't think its an important job, just to give it Yaya.

gmckennasell said:
FantasyIreland said:
There is a reason Yaya has been playing so well prior to today - Fernandinho.

He allows Yaya the freedom to dictate play without the concern for whats happening behind him.

Losing Fernandinho effectively loses us Yaya as we have no one else capable of providing the energy,industry and defensive mobility that's required to compliment his game.

100% agree , fernandinho has been vastly underrated , he allows the likes of yaya,silva,nasri to play and he also covers the fullbacks , top player.

Also very good work ethic from what i've seen.

FantasyIreland said:

He allows Yaya the freedom to dictate play without the concern for whats happening behind him.

Losing Fernandinho effectively loses us Yaya as we have no one else capable of providing the energy,industry and defensive mobility that's required to compliment his game.

Spot on.

This is why we need another DM of Fernandinho's class or higher, because the drop off from him to the other players in that position is huge. You need at least 2 top players for deep roles if you want to be top club in Europe and at the moment we only have one.

Garcia should've been that player. Instead, he is just all sorts of terrible. We got robbed of 16 million for a guy that's only worth 5-6 and should be playing or a team like Stoke. Whatever happens, I don't want any rash or panic buys from management again. We're now paying for the mistake of last season's window badly. If we buy, we buy proven quality regardless of what the price tag is - that's your Martinez's, Vidal's, Gundogan's, Pogba's, Bender's etc of the world.

You can tell what sort of game Yaya's gonna have after 10 minutes.
Is it the 'I'm in for it' mood, he's one of the best in the world. If however it's the 'not too bothered today' mood, you might as well take him off asap. We all know what in what moofd he was yesterday and it reflected on the team big time.

The game also showed what an important figure Fernandinho has become in relation to Yaya's displays.

ws01 said:
FantasyIreland said:

Spot on.

This is why we need another DM of Fernandinho's class or higher, because the drop off from him to the other players in that position is huge. You need at least 2 top players for deep roles if you want to be top club in Europe and at the moment we only have one.

Garcia should've been that player. Instead, he is just all sorts of terrible. We got robbed of 16 million for a guy that's only worth 5-6 and should be playing or a team like Stoke. Whatever happens, I don't want any rash or panic buys from management again. We're now paying for the mistake of last season's window badly. If we buy, we buy proven quality regardless of what the price tag is - that's your Martinez's, Vidal's, Gundogan's, Pogba's, Bender's etc of the world.

Why would one of those proven players move to City to be rotated? This is the big problem that you have with trying to assemble a world-class squad; exceptional players don't like spending much time on the bench. What we should be able to do is identify players who are on their way up and capable of performing to that standard but who aren't already at big clubs (Dortmund paid very little for both Bender and Gundogan). With the resources available our scouting for young talent that can come into the first team has been incredibly disappointing (Nastasic aside).

He had no interest yesterday and seemed to forget that we were playing in blue as he passed to Sunderland players so many times! Either 'rest' him to be consistent with the 'no player is bigger than the club' philosophy shown to Joe Hart or get rid in the January window.
Yes, I really did say that.
I have decided it is time to get down off the fence, my fence of thinking well he can be a good player and scored the cup final winner sorry but now is the time to say "Stop trying to live off the memories YaYa and pull your socks up."

As others have said in the past, is there a clause in his contract that says he can't be substituted because it is beginning to look that way!!

Other than scoring some free kicks and the Rags at home - Can someone tell me tha last good game he had.

He is one of the most overated players on the planet

onceabluealways said:
Other than scoring some free kicks and the Rags at home - Can someone tell me tha last good game he had.

He's played well in some games, but I agree with you overall.

He's definitely had a few poor games, then scored a free kick near the end and made it into Garth Crook's team of the week.

Garth Crooks just has a man crush on him though.

SuperYaya said:
onceabluealways said:

He's played well in some games, but I agree with you overall.

He's definitely had a few poor games, then scored a free kick near the end and made it into Garth Crook's team of the week.

Garth Crooks just has a man crush on him though.

YAYA is one of the BEST midfielders in the WORLD. He is the real leader in City. He took responsability when nobody could not and score a goal numerous of times. I just can not believe that there is somebody who can say that YAYA is overated. hehehehe ?? And yes Africa player of a year.

He's so frustrating sometimes, just walks around looking dis interested. Wouldn't be against Jimmy coming in for him away from home at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.