yaya.....

BigOscar said:
My problem with Yaya is that the entire team has to be built around him, so if he decides to have one of his strolling days then we are completely screwed. A central midfielder who doesn't defend as part of the team is a real burden on the rest of the team, but he more than makes up for it when he's on a good day, but completely destructive on a bad day. A lot of the time I'd be far happier with a consistent 7/ 8 out of 10 player who we could rely on as part of the team, rather than Yaya's brilliant or awful individual efforts
I'd rather yaya, with an extra body in cm to cover him and let him go forward in those sticky away games

I'm not sure why we play Yaya in every game that he's available. Seems utterly ridiculous. Even Xavi/Iniesta sit matches. Either Rodwell starts to get games by Christmas or we need to consider dipping into the market for a formidable midfielder...

alky313 said:
I'm not sure why we play Yaya in every game that he's available. Seems utterly ridiculous. Even Xavi/Iniesta sit matches. Either Rodwell starts to get games by Christmas or we need to consider dipping into the market for a formidable midfielder...
Agree 100%, i'd love to see us pick up a major upgrade on Garcia in the January transfer window, if we go with the 4-3-3 system away from home that we used v chelski, we wouldn't even have to risk pissing off players over game time, someone like Illkay gundogan would be nice, he really looked like he enjoyed playing at eastlands last season :)

aguero93:20 said:
BigOscar said:
My problem with Yaya is that the entire team has to be built around him, so if he decides to have one of his strolling days then we are completely screwed. A central midfielder who doesn't defend as part of the team is a real burden on the rest of the team, but he more than makes up for it when he's on a good day, but completely destructive on a bad day. A lot of the time I'd be far happier with a consistent 7/ 8 out of 10 player who we could rely on as part of the team, rather than Yaya's brilliant or awful individual efforts
I'd rather yaya, with an extra body in cm to cover him and let him go forward in those sticky away games

Now I know this is not really in the spirit of the thread but I am sorry......................... the bit I have highlighted in bold I read as cm for centimetres and couldn't work out how an extra body in centimetres would be stuck to YaYa and help him!! Sorry but I read the sentence three times before I cottoned on................ yes I know I am slightly silly but that's life as we know it Jim.

VaMkHj0.jpg

LoveCity said:

Why wouldn't a player move quickly to discredit rumours about his future. Especially when he's miles away from Manchester and won't have an opportunity to address it to the media in a presser?

Yaya.,will be going nowhere. Who else would pay him those wages. Top teams seem to have all action midfielders who can run , tackle, cover, head etc. He will sit it out don't worry those of you who rate him in the same breath as colon bell sorry Colin.

grahamgor said:
I doubt if Yaya himself sees the captaincy as anything other than a token of respect to his great skill and the way he conducts himself. Kolo used to joke about the contrast between his brother's awesome build and his laidback demeanour!
At places like Sunderland with their rabid crowd and Poyet bawling his troops on, you need a commander-captain with fire in his belly. Either James Milner or Zaba could've done the job well . In fact neither was even given the chance to lead by example with Milner not switched to midfield till Garcia couldn't continue and Zaba kept waiting in the wings for 70 minutes while Micah Richards farted about in showbiz style-yelling for invisible handball, ludicrous diving, giving Navas instructions he'd failed to fulfil himself etc.

I have some good memories of Marsh as a player but as a pundit he's a complete irrelevance. Feels obliged to say something controversial now and then to keep up the maverick image and ensure the next pay cheque. Pretends he's ITK but totally superficial.

I remember at one of the last African Cup of Nations the Ivory Coast manager literally played Yaya as a second striker up alongside Drogba and he was outstanding that day - although I cannot remember who the opposition was, still I also think Yaya would be brilliant upfront in the last 15mins of a game where losing or if we are struggling to break down the opposition like Stoke away for example. Of course his best position is still as a sitting midfielder.

paulgmurphyhumphries said:
Yaya.,will be going nowhere. Who else would pay him those wages. Top teams seem to have all action midfielders who can run , tackle, cover, head etc. He will sit it out don't worry those of you who rate him in the same breath as colon bell sorry Colin.
I'm never one to do this but.

rag.jpg

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.