yaya.....

I doubt if Yaya himself sees the captaincy as anything other than a token of respect to his great skill and the way he conducts himself. Kolo used to joke about the contrast between his brother's awesome build and his laidback demeanour!
At places like Sunderland with their rabid crowd and Poyet bawling his troops on, you need a commander-captain with fire in his belly. Either James Milner or Zaba could've done the job well . In fact neither was even given the chance to lead by example with Milner not switched to midfield till Garcia couldn't continue and Zaba kept waiting in the wings for 70 minutes while Micah Richards farted about in showbiz style-yelling for invisible handball, ludicrous diving, giving Navas instructions he'd failed to fulfil himself etc.

grahamgor said:
I doubt if Yaya himself sees the captaincy as anything other than a token of respect to his great skill and the way he conducts himself. Kolo used to joke about the contrast between his brother's awesome build and his laidback demeanour!
At places like Sunderland with their rabid crowd and Poyet bawling his troops on, you need a commander-captain with fire in his belly. Either James Milner or Zaba could've done the job well . In fact neither was even given the chance to lead by example with Milner not switched to midfield till Garcia couldn't continue and Zaba kept waiting in the wings for 70 minutes while Micah Richards farted about in showbiz style-yelling for invisible handball, ludicrous diving, giving Navas instructions he'd failed to fulfil himself etc.
Agreed. He drives me mad - gives 50% most of the time IMO.
Definately not Captain material.
Of those who started, I'd 've given it Micah.

Phil Meup said:
grahamgor said:
Agreed. He drives me mad - gives 50% most of the time IMO.
Definately not Captain material.
Of those who started, I'd 've given it Micah.

A laid-back demeanour doesn't mean he isn't trying. I think he makes what he does look so ridiculously easy it's easy to confuse with a lack of effort.

We might be able to discuss his ineffectiveness in certain matches but I'm not sure that means he doesn't care/isn't trying.

He's too busy trying to carry the whole midfield in these type of matches,he's the greatest player we've had for many many decades !

B\connellblue said:
His powers seem to be on the wane. Not long ago he was good for at least one swashbuckling ,lung bursting run a game, now we're lucky if it's one in ten. Need to start planning for a future without him. No need to mourn, his legacy was assured long ago.

This post contains some of the most ridiculous comments I've read in some years.

If YaYa reads this, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him add R.I.P. after his name on his shirt.

Even at 50% of his 'best', YaYa Toure is the best player we've had since Colin Bell.

B\connellblue said:
His powers seem to be on the wane. Not long ago he was good for at least one swashbuckling ,lung bursting run a game, now we're lucky if it's one in ten. Need to start planning for a future without him. No need to mourn, his legacy was assured long ago.
As I as said earlier in the thread , is this the Waning Yaya that won Bluemoon player of the month & OS mcfc player of the month ?? Or a different one ?

Lavinda Past said:
B\connellblue said:

This post contains some of the most ridiculous comments I've read in some years.

If YaYa reads this, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him add R.I.P. after his name on his shirt.

Even at 50% of his 'best', YaYa Toure is the best player we've had since Colin Bell.

Correct

Was worried to hear rodney marsh saying on talksport that yaya was unhappy and can see him moving on! Think pogba is an ideal replacement at juve saying that would love to see a 3 man midfield with yaya pogba an fernandinho it would be up there with barca and bayerns. Also think yaya is the only player who plays nearly evrry game and could do with rest now and again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.