yaya.....

Re: Yaya - World class

Josh Blue said:
He's playing a slightly different role atm. Playing from deep and dictating the play, unfortunately a lot of people don't understand his quality passing. They would rather he ran round like little Scotty Parker. Typical English mentality.
I agree ,it's hard trying to carry the whole fuckin midfield.

I wish advanced stats were more readily available. My guess is that Yaya covers more ground than anyone else on the team and he plays almost all games. How can you call someone like.this lazy?

There are facts and then folks just being silly.
Yaya harrassed more players than anyone else today. Won four tackles and an interception, second only to Milner who won 5. 1 interception
80 touches on the ball, no one else within 15 touches of that.
91% pass completion, 2nd only to Garcia's 93%.
Turnovers 0, dispossesed 0 (and this is the guy who touched the ball 2ice as many times as most on the field.)
Key passes 2:

Now lets compare him to the other 3 Midfielders today: Nasri, Rodwell, Milner

Milner harrassed as many players as Yaya, 5 tackles to lead the team and 2 interceptions. Great defensive help.
Touches on the ball? 42 about half of Yaya's
Accurate crosses into the box Zero.
His 4 dispossessions led the team and 2 turnovers also led the midfield
Key Passes Zero
Pass Completion 86

Jack Rodwell
Tackle 2, inteceptions Zero (He who was supposed to bring energy and box to box play)
1 dispossession 2 turnovers,
Touchses 40. Half of Yaya's
Pass completion 85%
Key passes Zero
Nasri
1 tackle, Zero Interception
Nasri 2 dispossessions 1 turnover.
touches 39 (granted he left early)
Pass Completion 97% (Only player outside of Yaya who could hold the ball)
Key passes 2

Some players did not play well today, But Yaya Toure CLEARLY wasn't one of them. Time to send Rodwell back to the bench and Milner back to subs. We can't created chances when players give up possession often, or don't show for the ball enough.

The silly notion that Yaya is lazy, has become a self fulfilling myth. Sometimes he is gassed, and in some games he doesn't play well, but by and large he is often still heads and shoulders above those around him. Today, he was the only good midfielder on the field. Nasri tried with his possession a bit, but gave up that silly possession to Jones and failed to find Jovetic too often. Milner tackled a lot (had 5) but gave up as many (6). Rodwell simply didn't show up to do anything,

This is why Yaya starts every game. He is that much better than all the others. Time to stop the blinders, and point out those who aren't making the grade. Yaya is far away from one of those

stats don't tell the whole story, Pellers should not have picked that team today, Yaya needs to play further forward, completely wasted trying to play him as a defensive midfielder, Garcia and Kolarov should never play for us again they wouldn't get into another team in the Prem, perhaps not even in the championship, Nasri should only play against opposition that do not play the physical game as he cannot stand to be touched, Navas and Zaba need to get their positions sorted, again today Zaba kept getting into the positions Navas should have been in, Rodwell looks like a fish out of water - but to be fair he hasn't had much football, Hart needs to stop kicking long especially against teams like Stoke who are good in the air. So much to sort out, I am not a Pellegrini hater but he picked the team - albeit we have some major injuries, but Boyata must be doing something really wrong in training for Garcia to be picked over him.

knuckles said:
stats don't tell the whole story, Pellers should not have picked that team today, Yaya needs to play further forward, completely wasted trying to play him as a defensive midfielder, Garcia and Kolarov should never play for us again they wouldn't get into another team in the Prem, perhaps not even in the championship, Nasri should only play against opposition that do not play the physical game as he cannot stand to be touched, Navas and Zaba need to get their positions sorted, again today Zaba kept getting into the positions Navas should have been in, Rodwell looks like a fish out of water - but to be fair he hasn't had much football, Hart needs to stop kicking long especially against teams like Stoke who are good in the air. So much to sort out, I am not a Pellegrini hater but he picked the team - albeit we have some major injuries, but Boyata must be doing something really wrong in training for Garcia to be picked over him.
Stats do not show everything is a copout. We know that already, but let us examine what it clearly shows. The guy who touches the ball 80 times 2ice as many as any other midfielder, regained 5 possessions, put in 2 key passes (led the team), completed 91% of his passes, and did not give up possession once, simply cannot be called lazy or deemed to have played poorly. The stats are too much on one side for that to be the case.

Defensively, he participated. 5 repossessions
controlling the game: he participated 80 touches 91 percent completion, 2 fouls won.
Offensively he participated: 2 key passes delivered.

Now lets compare defense. Garcia who You focused on, won 4 interceptions (led the team) His positioning was very good all game. Read the game well, but had one poor clearance. Never lost his man all night. Nastasic lost his 3 times, even though he played well too. As more pressure came from his side than from Garcia. Garcia was the better CD today, and perhaps the best defender on the field.

daxman said:
knuckles said:
Stats do not show everything is a copout. We know that already, but let us examine what it clearly shows. The guy who touches the ball 80 times 2ice as many as any other midfielder, regained 5 possessions, put in 2 key passes (led the team), completed 91% of his passes, and did not give up possession once, simply cannot be called lazy or deemed to have played poorly. The stats are too much on one side for that to be the case.

Defensively, he participated. 5 repossessions
controlling the game: he participated 80 touches 91 percent completion, 2 fouls won.
Offensively he participated: 2 key passes delivered.

Now lets compare defense. Garcia who You focused on, won 4 interceptions (led the team) His positioning was very good all game. Read the game well, but had one poor clearance. Never lost his man all night. Nastasic lost his 3 times, even though he played well too. As more pressure came from his side than from Garcia. Garcia was the better CD today, and perhaps the best defender on the field.

Isn't football great? - 2 people can watch the same game and have completely different points of view, I see Garcia, poor at passing, tackling is poor, very slow at running/turning/stopping, zero anticipation, playing in a position that is key in any team where one mistake is often fatal - granted he was put in that position by the manager - but you see a player (and backed up by your stats) that is a talented, great tackler that can pass to a blue shirt more often than not, and that gets out of trouble more than the one defender that had a good game on the day??????

If he had that number of touches and successful passes when playing in the opposition half, it would be impressive. But playing just in front of the back four, it's as meaningless as De Jong having similar statistics a few years back. Obviously we all know Toure can do that job. He did it for a Champions League winning team ffs. But yeah, I'd agree, it's a waste of his talents. He should be our version of Steven Gerrard or Frank Lampard. I can only assume that with the defence in the state it is, Pellegrini decided that it needed more cover, and Milner and Rodwell aren't disciplined/experienced enough to do it, and the only other player that could do a job is covering in defence. Perhaps Garcia will get the nod in this position once Kompany is back, although perhaps a dedicated covering midfielder won't be necessary if Kompany is playing.

Incidentally, does anyone remember one time when Zabaleta covered in that position and had the game of his life? I can't remember the game, but it was presumably under Hughes.

I'm With Stupid said:
If he had that number of touches and successful passes when playing in the opposition half, it would be impressive. But playing just in front of the back four, it's as meaningless as De Jong having similar statistics a few years back. Obviously we all know Toure can do that job. He did it for a Champions League winning team ffs. But yeah, I'd agree, it's a waste of his talents. He should be our version of Steven Gerrard or Frank Lampard. I can only assume that with the defence in the state it is, Pellegrini decided that it needed more cover, and Milner and Rodwell aren't disciplined/experienced enough to do it, and the only other player that could do a job is covering in defence. Perhaps Garcia will get the nod in this position once Kompany is back, although perhaps a dedicated covering midfielder won't be necessary if Kompany is playing.

Incidentally, does anyone remember one time when Zabaleta covered in that position and had the game of his life? I can't remember the game, but it was presumably under Hughes.
Think Zab would make an excellent DM destroyer but sadly we´ve only got Micah "crystal" Richards as his understudy atm

knuckles said:
Isn't football great? - 2 people can watch the same game and have completely different points of view, I see Garcia, poor at passing, tackling is poor, very slow at running/turning/stopping, zero anticipation, playing in a position that is key in any team where one mistake is often fatal - granted he was put in that position by the manager - but you see a player (and backed up by your stats) that is a talented, great tackler that can pass to a blue shirt more often than not, and that gets out of trouble more than the one defender that had a good game on the day??????
Poor at passing you say: Yet completes 93% of his passes. More accurate passes than Nastasic 91% , Zaba 83% or Kolarov 77%. He didn't make a single tackle in the game. Didn't have to. His positioning was that good. Nasty made 1 tackle. Which shows you they both werent tackling. They tried to anticipate instead.
Slow at running, turning or stopping: This is simply conjecture (at least on today's perfomance) didn't lose his player once all game.
Zero anticipation you say: If that is true, he must be the most lucky guy alive- Led the team with 4 interceptions. That is the epitome of anticipation and positioning. He was magnificent at it today.
Mistakes you ask? Nastasic had 4, kolarov had 2, Zaba 1, Garcia 1. So I guess we shouldn't play any of them then.

Like I said, most of the whinning about Garcia is mainly make belief. He is no superstar, but he is far from our worst player. In the 2 games he has played at CD, he has been either the best defender or 2nd best. Why he gets all the flak is just make belief. S

daxman said:
knuckles said:
Poor at passing you say: Yet completes 93% of his passes. More accurate passes than Nastasic 91% , Zaba 83% or Kolarov 77%. He didn't make a single tackle in the game. Didn't have to. His positioning was that good. Nasty made 1 tackle. Which shows you they both werent tackling. They tried to anticipate instead.
Slow at running, turning or stopping: This is simply conjecture (at least on today's perfomance) didn't lose his player once all game.
Zero anticipation you say: If that is true, he must be the most lucky guy alive- Led the team with 4 interceptions. That is the epitome of anticipation and positioning. He was magnificent at it today.
Mistakes you ask? Nastasic had 4, kolarov had 2, Zaba 1, Garcia 1. So I guess we shouldn't play any of them then.

Like I said, most of the whinning about Garcia is mainly make belief. He is no superstar, but he is far from our worst player. In the 2 games he has played at CD, he has been either the best defender or 2nd best. Why he gets all the flak is just make belief. S

As I said football is great at bringing out different points of view, I watch the game, as I did today and see a player that is just not very good - stats only tell you so much, if you watch a player you can see (with my unprofessional footballing eye maybe - I am just a spectator) if he is a class act or not. I watched Kalarov's video on youtube before he signed for us, he looked fantastic, had great stats, really looked like he was going to be great for us, then however I saw him "play" - he is far from the "world class" player his youtube video and stats would have you believe, for me Garcia is the same. But if you think he is good because his stats say he is that's fine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.