Yaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched a replay of the game & Fern in particular but also Sterling, were getting back, Fern often at full tilt, centrally, & covering the Yaya hole. That meant Yaya was able to do his own thing, whereby he could track back & tackle if he wanted to, or attempt to burst forward if he wanted to. But it didn't have Liverpool running through big fucking holes, like has happened so many times with opponents this season & even with the rags last season. The defence was not under pressure very often & Yaya had enough energy to shrug off Liverpool mids rather than being bogged down by them. He was like a man amongst kids.

As soon as Fernando went off, the defence was under pressure with a tired Fernandinho trying to fill the gaps. But prior to that just one shot.

It proves to me that the theory that Yaya could play in an organised team under a better manager & possibly be excellent, has merit.

It's a matter of whether Pep wants him or not.

That picture by the way is a bit of a non-story just watched the video on city's youtube channel and he joined in. Looks to have picked up a knock, hope he's alright for Wednesday, although he might be due a rest.

They have made a big deal about it on Twitter, he looks like he is struggling with his knee on the OS video so that is the reason he is struggling.

There are plenty of happy pics around, the twitter mob have chosen to ignore these...

Watched a replay of the game & Fern in particular but also Sterling, were getting back, Fern often at full tilt, centrally, & covering the Yaya hole. That meant Yaya was able to do his own thing, whereby he could track back & tackle if he wanted to, or attempt to burst forward if he wanted to. But it didn't have Liverpool running through big fucking holes, like has happened so many times with opponents this season & even with the rags last season. The defence was not under pressure very often & Yaya had enough energy to shrug off Liverpool mids rather than being bogged down by them. He was like a man amongst kids.

As soon as Fernando went off, the defence was under pressure with a tired Fernandinho trying to fill the gaps. But prior to that just one shot.

It proves to me that the theory that Yaya could play in an organised team under a better manager & possibly be excellent, has merit.

Almost any other player could be safely eased out of the club but Yaya offers so much on and off the pitch to us that I think we would be very reluctant to let him go.
We would need to use him in small bursts and of course there is an AFCON in Jan/Feb 2017 so if he's to leave then this summer seems a logical time but he wants to stay by all accounts.

That's not as good as my magical fuck Unicorn

tumblr_nh32cdWIGW1tc084qo1_1280.jpg
Brilliant!

Immense yesterday some of his turns, physical strength and passing range was a joy to watch!
In past posts I have been guilty of showing frustration about not dominating with this squad at this time.this comes from being city fan from the 60's and experiencing the thrill of 68 and that fabulous run of trophies to the early 70's then back to typical city patronising comments. Then the takeover and current success.i am grateful and after seeing the joy the cup win brought to both city fans and players, I now hope we have seen at tevez( Norwich and after sparked our comeback when we first won the league) moment which will see us go on a run and run everybody down to win the league.( I thought before if we did this it would be hollow, but now I think bollocks, it would be lovely to pip them all at he post again.)
I feel sad how many people turn against yaya after all the incredible thing he has done. I posted before he should be managed better and not be expected to track back so much now at his age, but marauding forward with those passes and those incredible pass like goals he scores.
Thought the same when silva got criticism, he has been incredible, a wizard , the most skilful and inventive player we have ever had( including zinkladze) who was obviously carrying an injury but is now getting back to form.
Hope there is a place for yaya in peps plans.come on city.

He's been an amazing player for us, but I'm not convinced it would be good for the team for him to stay next season. He was brilliant on Sunday, but it was a great display of willpower - mind over matter. There was just no way he was going to lose a cup final. I'm not sure he's up to the drudgery of a full season, though, and when he doesn't perform well we really miss having a player with a higher work rate in midfield.

The problem with Fernandinho coming in to cover is that a) doing the work of two isn't sustainable for him for a season, and b) it leaves holes elsewhere, and a better team would punish us.

A great, great player for the club, but Sunday felt like a magnificent swansong to me, rather than the rebirth of a player. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.