Yaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how according to many he is always shit when he plays yet funnily enough when he doesn't play we are awful! Stoke and now this spring to mind.
We'll never know, but I firmly believe that had Yaya played today, 3 days after playing 120 mins, he'd have been a total liability. Granted, it doesn't seem like it would have made a difference!

We'll never know, but I firmly believe that had Yaya played today, 3 days after playing 120 mins, he'd have been a total liability. Granted, it doesn't seem like it would have made a difference!

It was too much for the players tonight, they are clearly emotionally spent. He probably should have completely freshened it up bit hindsight and all that. I thought Liverpool would be flat too but clearly not although Hart dropping a bollock didn't help matters.

are you serious? everything that Yaya is accused of was perpetually present today... the midfield was so open it was ridiculous... how many time had Liverpool had a run at the defense including that shit first goal? had Yaya played i can't see that we wouldn't have lost but i can assure you we would be able to put two passes together and give Aguero a chance...
the worse part is that Liverpool is a mediocre team... that's what bothers the most...

I doubt it! Some people are just too precious. Cake gate, Milner celebrated. So fucking what. Sometimes you only miss what you had when it's gone.

i agree that people will never give Yaya his dues... and the whole Milner celebrated is just ridiculous of course he would because he has been trying to prove that he made the right move from go... but i really don't think we miss him... see missing a player for me is seeing him make a difference in a game like this one we just witnessed... had Milner been in our side today the outcome wouldn't have changed... Yaya on the other hand might not prevent the goals but i promise you he would have started or given someone a chance to make a difference... i don't think i've seen one good pass from midfield to the forwards today... not one... then again i was mostly on my feet cursing at the screen....

With all the players that have come and gone, with all the money we've spent, with the huge amount of central midfielders we've seen since the takeover, still now at 32 years old and his legs and fitness going nowhere fast, Yaya is still the only player in the entire squad who really takes responsibility for possession and when he does play the others rely on him too much and stand around and watch him too often. Then when he's not there nobody has the wuality or the guts to take on that responsibility.

For all of the criticism Yaya gets for being a defensive liability, if he was on the pitch tonight he would have put Can and that little fuckwit Lallana firmly in their places.

We have been lucky to have a very physical squad in recent seasons and very rarely have we been bullied. Yaya, Barry, De Jong, Richards, Zab, Vinny, Tevez, Balo and Lescott etc were all physical and would stand their own against the opposition. They would even dish out more than they would get. However, tonight we were bullied.

Ota, Navas, Silva, Sterling, Fernandinho are all very lightweight. When Fernando is one of your biggest physical presence then you know you have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.