Yaya

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played in a midfield two yesterday, though, and was quite great in it.

Fernandinho was coming inside quite a lot & adding extra legs, & they had nobody especially running at him & we played on the counter quite a lot. If Fern is a bit tired in the next two & we play Yaya +1 & our gung ho style going forward without extra cover for Yaya, we will get absolutely anihilated twice.

Fernandinho was coming inside quite a lot & adding extra legs, & they had nobody especially running at him & we played on the counter quite a lot. If Fern is a bit tired in the next two & we play Yaya +1 & our gung ho style going forward without extra cover for Yaya, we will get absolutely anihilated twice.
My big concern is people getting excited about last night when in truth the two games against Liverpool are going to be the complete opposite work rate wise.

But still, this was basically the good old South American 4-4-2 that Pellegrini loves so much. With the exception of that neither Sterling, nor Fernandinho are playmakers like Nasri and Silva were in the beginnings of Manuel's career here.

Sure, Fernandinho went central when we were defending and luckily their left defender hardly caused any harm. Will be interesting to see if we play the same team against Liverpool as Moreno likes to attack, though his final ball often goes missing (and he's a bit shit defensively, really, so maybe space to exploit again for Ferna).

Of course, it also helped that Yaya was clearly giving a shit, as it happens oftentimes in CL (see Sevilla, where he wasn't quite a no. 10, both him and Fernandinho played in a box-to-box role from midfield with Fernando playing in his usual position).

I think we will go with the same setup on Sunday and being it a final, the hunger of our players will hardly be a question. Hopefully the legs of this midfield will be fine.

I think as much as having the 'legs' is an important factor, it's also how we approach the task of nullifying what Liverpool will do, & beating them. Both v Seville & last night, with two different formations, we played with respect to the opposition & conclusively outclassed them.

When we played our Fucking Stupid plan at home to Seville, they actually looked a better team than us.

I think that any decent side who plays tight, works hard, & counter atracks Liverpool, will fucking destroy them every time. But if you get off balance & end up chasing after them, they cut you to pieces. Not just this team but Brenton's team, with Sterling etc, were miles better still at it.

Keep our shape, make them come out & try to win it. Don't hand it to them. That's what we did in Europe, last two games & still created bucketfuls of chances.

Not neccessarily true.

We were better in Seville, than last night for example but couldn't create shit v Villa with the same kind of team, when a bit more tired. I doubt there is a general rule of one or the other. Just depends who we are playing against, how they set up & how fit we are on the day I recon.

If we get the opportunity, & are giving someone a good twatting, I would like to see Yaya off, & Aleix Garcia with the two Ferns. See how it looks.
Yes i think in certain games we could get by, but i think overall, we still need someone to try and control the game in the middle in my opinion.

I think Pep will use both Garcia's much more than Pellers has done.

Agreed 100%. I really hope he keeps last night's system. Almost everyone looked a better player because of it.

If he keeps last nights system, it'll be easily worked out and exposed. It worked last night because they weren't at the races, we were shaper than them and the early goal meant they had to open up. When we need to win a game and be on the front foot that system will be hung, drawn and quartered by a decent, fit team.

If he keeps last nights system, it'll be easily worked out and exposed. It worked last night because they weren't at the races, we were shaper than them and the early goal meant they had to open up. When we need to win a game and be on the front foot that system will be hung, drawn and quartered by a decent, fit team.
How? Where was it weak? What was wrong with it?

we are very lucky to have him..

he has had his knee strapped up in many games this season, he is obviously playing with an injury, this is probabily restricting his performance..

His ball retention and eye for a pass are still world class, and he will always shine more with 2 others with him in midfield. This also made David more involved, as well as him being more central, same again Sunday please

He is so frustrating but so brilliant.

He shouldn't really be starting games for us anymore but he still has a lot to offer.

Thought this was summed up when Kiev scored, just watched the ball go to their player with no attempt to close him down.

Then he goes and scores an absolute screamer.

Think his legacy here has been slightly tainted by the last two seasons but he will always be remembered for the huge goals he has scored for us.

Without him, we wouldn't be where we are today.

FA cup semi final and final winning goals, Newcastle away, Capital One Cup final equaliser.

Every trophy we have won since the takeover would not have been won without him.

Huge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.