YaYa's 1st Goal Newcastle

That day was the day I felt like we'd be winning titles for years to come. It's alright looking hard when you come away from the Britannia with three points, or winning the occasional game at Stamford Bridge, but to come away with a comfortable victory (and let's face it, it looks comfortable when you watch it back) from St. James' Park when Newcastle are chasing Champions' League football is the sign of a potentially dominant football team.

Yaya's first goal won us the title (a win against QPR was made harder than it needed to be). Our performance that day was the stuff of legend.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5qYhMM263E[/youtube]

so proud taking me three sons to newcastle.

3 of us had tickets, the youngest never. we were in the black bull waving wads of cash about, someone said there was a city fan selling his ticket in lloyds in the city centre for £300. we sent him down in a taxi.

he got it.

to be with me 3 son's when yaya's first hit the net, oh my god!

16ktlx3.jpg

MCFC BOB said:
That day was the day I felt like we'd be winning titles for years to come. It's alright looking hard when you come away from the Britannia with three points, or winning the occasional game at Stamford Bridge, but to come away with a comfortable victory (and let's face it, it looks comfortable when you watch it back) from St. James' Park when Newcastle are chasing Champions' League football is the sign of a potentially dominant football team.

Yaya's first goal won us the title (a win against QPR was made harder than it needed to be). Our performance that day was the stuff of legend.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5qYhMM263E[/youtube]
That commentary annoyed me!

BillCarlisle Ex-Manchester said:
BringBackSwales said:
eshiers1 said:
the finish is sublime

to place it from 20 yeards with accuracy and power shows how good a footballer he is

had a great view as well from the away end!

this too - fantastic moment, all that tension for a week since we beat the scum and then the moment up in the gods behind the goals as it curled in, breathtaking, it really was

You're spot on. It really was a breathtaking moment. Absolute pandemonium as we all knew then that the title was very much on. That was IMO the biggest hurdle we had in those final 6 games and it's a long time since I've been as worried about a match as that. Not even the derby the Monday beforehand. It's impossible to describe the feeling when that goal went in.
Absolutely impossible.

I knew we'd won the league when that went in...just knew it. I ended up on my back 3 rows down, my head towards the pitch facing up into the stands. Toughest hurdle overcome.....champions here we come!

Yaya's goals in the semi, final and at St James Park were arguably more important than any other player, even Sergio's against QPR. And for that reason alone I say we don't pay him enough....we should pay Yaya more!

Cue Delilah song.....Yayayaya Toure....:-)

kev1961 said:
so proud taking me three sons to newcastle.

3 of us had tickets, the youngest never. we were in the black bull waving wads of cash about, someone said there was a city fan selling his ticket in lloyds in the city centre for £300. we sent him down in a taxi.

he got it.

to be with me 3 son's when yaya's first hit the net, oh my god!

16ktlx3.jpg

Worth every penny then!

I'm going home to watch it .controversial I know but I watch this more than QPR. This was the best I felt since Paul Power did a similar curve

Notinmylifetime said:
Yaya's goals in the semi, final and at St James Park were arguably more important than any other player, even Sergio's against QPR. And for that reason alone I say we don't pay him enough....we should pay Yaya more!

Cue Delilah song.....Yayayaya Toure....:-)
His contribution over the whole season was fantastic, and at Newcastle it was inspirational, but without Sergio's goal and Balo's pass, it would have meant nothing.

No one player should be singled out, it was a team thing, that thing the pundits continually said we weren't ! Until we we proved we were that is.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.