Yes

In the interest of online cohesion I shall second this. As his catalogues not as extensive as Yes's then we can include the Smiths so the Top Ten tracks of Morrisey and the Smiths.
Should'nt that be in the Morrissey and The Smiths thread though ?

Just been listening to this monumental track, deluxe edition. The return of Rick Wakeman after the sacking of Patrick Moraz. Rick used a real church organ, St Martins in Vevey I believe.
Really love the textures of Steve's magnificent guitar runs and Ricks awesome keyboards.

Also a change from Roger Dean covers to Storm Thorgeson. The cover used the Century City towers in LA.

1666910526596.png

Last edited:
To be honest most people will only have heard the Owner of a Lonely Heart dance remix if under 55, and know of Anderson's non-Yes work, and know Wakeman as an older Pat Sharp. The Yes threads are esoteric.

Anderson has a few tributes inWetherspoons' in Accrington, and he grew up near the old Stanley Peel Park ground. The house is still there, a pre-1919 terrace.

Just been listening to this monumental track, deluxe edition. The return of Rick Wakeman after the sacking of Patrick Moraz. Rick used a real church organ, St Martins in Vevey I believe.
Really love the textures of Steve's magnificent guitar runs and Ricks awesome keyboards.

Also a change from Roger Dean covers to Storm Thorgeson. The cover used the Century City towers in LA.

View attachment 59315

Awaken? Where’ve you been?

To be honest most people will only have heard the Owner of a Lonely Heart dance remix if under 55, and know of Anderson's non-Yes work, and know Wakeman as an older Pat Sharp. The Yes threads are esoteric.

Anderson has a few tributes inWetherspoons' in Accrington, and he grew up near the old Stanley Peel Park ground. The house is still there, a pre-1919 terrace.
Most people under (or over) 55 will never have heard Owner of a Lonely Heart, dance remix or original version.

Esoteric? Lol, of course they’re esoteric, they’re for Yes fans.

Sorry mate, can you let me know what you mean ? I'm going a bit slow these days.
Apologies Bill, probably came across the wrong way - I meant Awaken had been mentioned since p3 of the thread & I thought it was being introduced to the discussion as a ‘new find’!
Anyway, as it’s my favourite Yes track I’m gonna agree with you 100% ;-)

Apologies Bill, probably came across the wrong way - I meant Awaken had been mentioned since p3 of the thread & I thought it was being introduced to the discussion as a ‘new find’!
Anyway, as it’s my favourite Yes track I’m gonna agree with you 100% ;-)
Ahh no worries mate, I wanted to write a bit about the track as I thought the deluxe version sounded so good, hence the link.

Steve Howe's guitar runs at the intro are just mind bending and Rick, well its as if he is saying "lokk what you guys missed" Haha

Ahh no worries mate, I wanted to write a bit about the track as I thought the deluxe version sounded so good, hence the link.

Steve Howe's guitar runs at the intro are just mind bending and Rick, well its as if he is saying "lokk what you guys missed" Haha
For sure. Geoff Downes had his attributes on Drama and the first Asia album, but he didn’t provide the distinctive features Wakeman could.
The AWR show I saw at the Apollo & which made it to DVD was a fabulous show, and those 77 and 78/9 tours he played on back in the day are probably my favourite Yes tours.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.