Yes

You’ll need 3 hours spare though ;-)

I do remember that NEC in the round show being fabulous though. It was my first time seeing them all together. I’d missed out on 9012Live, and Big Generator tour never came to Europe, though I think I saw ABWH at the NEC a year or two before this. That was decent, but not as good as seeing all of them together playing the new and the classic material.
Although I love Yes I’ve always preferred Genesis as my prog band of choice (though not for musicianship). Having seen Genesis a few times however they never came close to the Yes gig. The show, the sound and how they got that many musicians to play as a tight unit was amazing.

Although I love Yes I’ve always preferred Genesis as my prog band of choice (though not for musicianship). Having seen Genesis a few times however they never came close to the Yes gig. The show, the sound and how they got that many musicians to play as a tight unit was amazing.
Was at Steve Hackett last Wednesday! Probably the best gig I’ve seen … since I last saw him ;-)

Was at Steve Hackett last Wednesday! Probably the best gig I’ve seen … since I last saw him ;-)
I was watching 10cc the same night in Wolverhampton. They had a slide show at the start showing their history and up popped a City team photo (obviously the link with the Boys in Blue recording). It was a great show but I would have traded places for the Hackett gig

My favourites gig was Yes at Kings Hall Bellevue in 1972, at the time I was playing in a Prog style band at the time and we all went to the gig ...after we watched them we felt like giving up, the standard of musicianship was off the scale.
Every member was a virtuoso of their instrument.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.