Yes

Presumably not Brufford on drums.
I don't know if he was or wasn't for certain. It was a couple of decades ago now, but I think he may have been the drummer. I'm only saying that because the friend I travelled with to Liverpool on the night in question, who was a much bigger fan of Yes than I was, was excited about it being the original lineup.

My recollection is he was the drummer, but I stand to be corrected on that point.

I don't know if he was or wasn't for certain. It was a couple of decades ago now, but I think he may have been the drummer. I'm only saying that because the friend I travelled with to Liverpool on the night in question, who was a much bigger fan of Yes than I was, was excited about it being the original lineup.

My recollection is he was the drummer, but I stand to be corrected on that point.
I couldn't remember the exact year so googled it;

Bill Bruford left Yes on July 19, 1972, after the recording sessions for Close to the Edge had finished. He was replaced by Alan White.

I seem to remember he recorded Close To The Edge with the band but didn't do the promotional tours. He wanted to join King Crimson.

Honestly don't want to listen (never thought I'd say that) I used to worship them like MES with Morrissey.
Same here Uncle Bill.
Worshipped the band since 1976. The last half decent thing they did was “Fly from Here”. The long awaited follow up and Squires last album “Heaven and Earth” is terrible.
Should have retired the name upon his passing. Each to their own but now I feel it’s a mere tribute band.

They were in Liverpool in Feb 2000 probably promoting “The Ladder” album.Drummer was almost certainly Alan White however it was almost a return to the Classic but not original line up.
Hope you enjoyed the experience as they were still brilliant back then.

They were in Liverpool in Feb 2000 probably promoting “The Ladder” album.Drummer was almost certainly Alan White however it was almost a return to the Classic but not original line up.
Hope you enjoyed the experience as they were still brilliant back then.
It was the Full Circle tour played at Kings Dock in Liverpool on the 5th July 2003, according to Wikipedia.

Like I said, I'm not sure who the drummer was, but I'll have to bow down to superior knowledge on that front and accept it was Alan White.

My thoughts about it being the original lineup were principally centered arouund Rick Wakeman being on stage with them.

It was a memorable concert on a warm, sunny summer evening, sitting in a large tent listening to songs I'd enjoyed for most of my life. I enjoyed it very much.

It was the Full Circle tour played at Kings Dock in Liverpool on the 5th July 2003, according to Wikipedia.

Like I said, I'm not sure who the drummer was, but I'll have to bow down to superior knowledge on that front and accept it was Alan White.

My thoughts about it being the original lineup were principally centered arouund Rick Wakeman being on stage with them.

It was a memorable concert on a warm, sunny summer evening, sitting in a large tent listening to songs I'd enjoyed for most of my life. I enjoyed it very much.
Thanks for this and nailing the date down.
Just amazing to see that Classic line up together and glad you have great memories of the experience.

I must have seen them in different incarnations at least 10 times starting with Tales from Topographic Oceans Tour at The (now no more) Empire Theatre Edinburgh December 1973. That was the concert when Alan White drum kit way housed in an automated crab which made up its own mind when it would open and shut. We had a chat with Rick Wakeman before the gig when he wandered down to the front of the stage for a look round.

The set list was:

1. The Firebird Suite
  2. Siberian Khatru
  3. And You and I
  4. Close to the Edge
  5. The Revealing Science of God (Dance of the Dawn)
  6. The Remembering (High the Memory)
  7. The Ancient (Giants Under the Sun)
  8. Ritual (Nous sommes du soleil)
  9. Roundabout

I still love them, particularly the early albums and I swear to this day that at their best, live, there was no better rock band. Every one of them were fantastic musicians. Chris was a sad loss.
The last album I enjoyed was the Ladder. Yes without JA is a travesty.
I last saw them in their ARW incarnation in 2017 and decided then it would be the last time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.