Yes

Just been revisiting my youth.
Bought most of their stuff at "yanks" as a kid
Remembering it all being three quid,yes £3 an album,sold them all for nowt alas.
I bought Close to the Edge probably 1979 and thought it was amazing,my first Yes album mind was "the yes album".
What a band,if you dont like them fare enough,but by christ,what a bunch of seriously top musicians.

I get up,I get down.

Anderson without reservation, has to be one of the greatest vocalists of all time and all he ever does is keep on giving. The man is now in his eightieth year, and it's like listening in as if it was still 1975 all over again. Non too shabby for a man that nearly died of accute respitary failure back in 2008. Would dearly love to see him play again before his demise or mine.

Great guitar work. Lets here it for the Geeks!

Soon .. kicking in at the 16.30 mark.

Last edited:
I can’t think of many bands who transformed themselves so utterly. If I think about the 3 of their albums I love the most it would be The Yes Album 70, GFTO 77 and 90125 83.
The difference between the first and third of those is incredible. What they have in common though is amazing musicianship, first class vocals and arrangements to die for.

I appreciate they were a bit leftfield for some mainstream rock fans, and to be fair some of their output was very, very easy to parody and mock. I don’t like everything they did by any means. But their high points were so very high.

High vibration go on.
Gentle Mass Touch.

I have a problem with Yes, and I dont know why....each one of the band is/was a genius in his own right and together they are brilliant, here's the rub...I just cant ' get into them ' no matter how I try. Sure I've got a few of their later albums and some of the earlier singles where great but that's where it ends.

I have a problem with Yes, and I dont know why....each one of the band is/was a genius in his own right and together they are brilliant, here's the rub...I just cant ' get into them ' no matter how I try. Sure I've got a few of their later albums and some of the earlier singles were great but that's where it ends.
Fair comment pal.
Just out of interest what years/era do you mean when you say ‘later albums’?

Not sure of the year (1990?) but I saw them on the Union tour at the NEC. They had two musicians per instrument and performed on a revolving stage. Considering the number of musicians in the stage the sound was impeccable as was the performance. Probably the most perfect gig I’ve ever seen

Not sure of the year (1990?) but I saw them on the Union tour at the NEC. They had two musicians per instrument and performed on a revolving stage. Considering the number of musicians in the stage the sound was impeccable as was the performance. Probably the most perfect gig I’ve ever seen
Yep, was at that one at NEC too, Union, or Onion as Wakeman called it.
They filmed a couple of shows from it.
Here’s one from the USA leg 91

Cheers mate will give that a watch
You’ll need 3 hours spare though ;-)

I do remember that NEC in the round show being fabulous though. It was my first time seeing them all together. I’d missed out on 9012Live, and Big Generator tour never came to Europe, though I think I saw ABWH at the NEC a year or two before this. That was decent, but not as good as seeing all of them together playing the new and the classic material.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.