York Away

OB1 said:
CTID1988 said:
york away to this! said:
you can all fuck right off.

I was the only person there (apart from Curly Watts....)

Bollocks. I was there with Stuart Hall

So getting a ticket for that was some sort of fiddle.

I definitely didn't go to York but can't remember if it was just too far (given I've been living in Thames Valley since 1990) or couldn't get tickets: I'm sure I considered having a weekend away there with my football hating wife. Could obviously only buy tickets from ticket office when up for a home game.

Not sure exactly which away games I went to but certainly went to Macc, Chesterfield, Luton, Bournemouth, Wycombe and Walsall.

It definitely wasn't because you couldn't get tickets. The irony is that it didn't sell out considering there were 50,000 who claim they were there.

When the number of supporters reaches 650 million (Like a club in greater manchester) then I will say I was there.Didn't go,to my utter shame,it will be on my gravestone for posterity.I did go to Southend in 1956,3rd or 4th round of the FA Cup,but I suppose that means nowt.

cheddar404 said:
OB1 said:
CTID1988 said:
Bollocks. I was there with Stuart Hall

I definitely didn't go to York but can't remember if it was just too far (given I've been living in Thames Valley since 1990) or couldn't get tickets: I'm sure I considered having a weekend away there with my football hating wife. Could obviously only buy tickets from ticket office when up for a home game.

Not sure exactly which away games I went to but certainly went to Macc, Chesterfield, Luton, Bournemouth, Wycombe and Walsall.

It definitely wasn't because you couldn't get tickets. The irony is that it didn't sell out considering there were 50,000 who claim they were there.

I believe it did sell out. I read an article about it the other week (might have been our very own petrusha or Gary James or someone) written at the time. The writer had had to sit in the York End and he commented about lots of City fans doing the same. We had great away support in those days. I remember some clubs putting up temporary stands just to squeeze a few hundred more of us in.

Timmmmahhhh said:
I have been meaning to ask for a long time.

When was York away and what was the importance?

I only converted from a Chelsea fan in 2008/9 so I'm a little unsure as to the reference?

I think you should go back to supporting Chelsea, glory-hunters ain't welcome at Manchester City.

Didsbury Dave said:
cheddar404 said:
OB1 said:

I believe it did sell out. I read an article about it the other week (might have been our very own petrusha or Gary James or someone) written at the time. The writer had had to sit in the York End and he commented about lots of City fans doing the same. We had great away support in those days. I remember some clubs putting up temporary stands just to squeeze a few hundred more of us in.

Must be my memory playing tricks with me. It was a decent turn out but I was sure it wasn't sold out. A lot of people were starting to lose faith at that point.

GerryGowsRusholmeBoy said:
Blue Mist said:
Richard III has just been dug up. Wasn't he also known as Richard of York and if so did he go and how the f*ck did he get a ticket?

He didn't - he was minding cars - said the wrong thing.
Thats wrong when they dug him up they looked in a little leather pouch still tied around his waist and there was a stub for the City end.
I was there, honestly

I,ve got a couple of ticket stubs from the said game.Does anyone want to make a bid for one before they go on ebay ? I.ve also got a stub from the Wrexham game.PM if interested

I was there and what a day out. Thousands of Blues out all up for a day on the piss. And who could forget being chased out the station bar while waiting for the train home about 7 oclock by the police letting their dogs lose on us. It was mental. Lots of other days out that season Millwall, Fulham Luton Wycombe Colchester Gillingham Chesterfield. All those away trips and I only saw us win twice

Didsbury Dave said:
cheddar404 said:
OB1 said:

It's weird but even though in many ways things were pretty desperate at the time, that was actually a great season for away games. Lots of new grounds to go to and unbelievable away followings and atmosphere at every match. It felt like we were invading little towns most weeks. The KK promotion was a great season as well but in terms of away matches, I think div 2 and the following season were definitely two of my favourites.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.