Yorkshire Cricket Club

Rafiq now being accused of sending inappropriate texts to a schoolgirl in 2015.

She was sixteen pretending to be seventeen, and he would have been twenty-four. He doesn't mention sex although it is implied by "pushing her up against the wall". It's crude and vulgar and he probably should have picked up the signs that she wasn't interested but it's borderline at worst.

She was sixteen pretending to be seventeen, and he would have been twenty-four. He doesn't mention sex although it is implied by "pushing her up against the wall". It's crude and vulgar and he probably should have picked up the signs that she wasn't interested but it's borderline at worst.

That’s a very generous interpretation in my view.

That’s not my opinion at all but hey ho.

Azeem Rafiq accused of sending 'creepy' texts to teenage girl

https://mol.im/a/10224543

Given the rather successful smear campaign developing against Rafiq, it makes you realise why so many people hold back these sort of institutional -isms...

Azeem Rafiq accused of sending 'creepy' texts to teenage girl

https://mol.im/a/10224543

That doesn't add anything to the article I linked myself. She was 16 but she claimed to be 17. I had a girl do this to me only she claimed to be 18 when she was 17, by the time we met in person and had done anything she had turned 18 but I was under the impression she was 19. I was 22 at the time we started talking and 23 when we met up.

You might have stories you know about your friends and/or relatives pretending to be older to flirt with bartenders and get bigger measures in their drinks when they were on holiday.

I can't recall that I was as crude and forward as Rafiq, but had I known she wasn't 18 when we started talking I would have stopped talking to her.

Exactly what I meant by successful smear campaign, yes
So the anti semitic messages to a friend and the inappropriate texts to a schoolgirl have been fabricated in order to smear Rafiq?

That's interesting but could you share any evidence of this?

So the anti semitic messages to a friend and the inappropriate texts to a schoolgirl have been fabricated in order to smear Rafiq?

That's interesting but could you share any evidence of this?
That's interesting that you've said that I claimed these claims were fabricated, could you share any evidence of this?

It's obviously a smear campaign and it's been very successful. There's potentially an institutional level of racism at Yorkshire and beyond in cricket and the focus has been shifted onto whether the guy who brought it up is a saint or not.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.