Yorkshire Cricket Club

Yep all that but none of it excuses the institutionalised racism in cricket
Yeah there are potentially a lot of Asian cricket players who've suffered/are suffering in some way with all this, whether the guy that brought it all up is a massive prick or not shouldn't really affect this.

Yep all that but none of it excuses the institutionalised racism in cricket
So cricket is inherently racist because Rafiq says so?

I'd need more evidence to reach that conclusion. Are there racist incidents cricket? I'd be amazed if there weren't any as there are racist views all around the world. To label cricket inherently racist seems like an extreme view as far as I'm concerned.

This thread probably needs moving to the politics sub forum I'd say.

Edit: Rafiq has exhibited racist views.

Seen stuff shared today about a cafe he owns having a late night license refused due to an ongoing grooming investigation going on into the owners/property.

I wonder will any action be taken on his comments about Jewish
people?

Is there a credible link to that?

There were concerns raised by the children's services department of the council but they don't relate to the owners.

He was also supported by the regional mayor when appealing the decision.

That doesn't add anything to the article I linked myself. She was 16 but she claimed to be 17. I had a girl do this to me only she claimed to be 18 when she was 17, by the time we met in person and had done anything she had turned 18 but I was under the impression she was 19. I was 22 at the time we started talking and 23 when we met up.

You might have stories you know about your friends and/or relatives pretending to be older to flirt with bartenders and get bigger measures in their drinks when they were on holiday.

I can't recall that I was as crude and forward as Rafiq, but had I known she wasn't 18 when we started talking I would have stopped talking to her.
I’m not arsed. I just posted the link to show the information was appearing in more than one publication.

This on its own matters very little but added to to the anti-semitism and fines for outbursts at cricket coaches, Rafiq might want to just locket his £200k compo and focus on getting his life back on track.

The trawling tgrough his history to find ways to discredit him, may turn up that he is also a bit of a wrong un and a dick, and needs looking at

But it won't change the fact yorkshire cricket club is racist as fuck or that past and present players and staff have had a racist or ignorant attitude

Last edited:
The trawling tgrough his history to find ways to discredit him, may turn up that he is also a bit of a wrong un and a dick, and needs looking at

But it won't change the fact yorkshire cricket club is racist as fuck or that past and present players and staff have had a racist or ignorant attitude
He fitted in well just different type of racism that all

Deffo a problem with racism across ALL sports sadly the so called representative of this ( Rafiq) is probably just as bad as the folk he’s accusing of it .............. if your gonna take on someone make sure your not hiding skeletons because I got a nasty feeling he’s about to get hammered with something even worse

The sole tactic of any side in an argument these days I’m afraid.

It’s either stopped or it’s accepted that everyone with a dog in the fight is going to do it.

This is basically my position. Rafiq, it seems, is an antisemite and probably a rather unpleasant man. That affects the degree of sympathy I have for him and means that I don't hold any personal regard for him, whereas initially I did to some degree.

BUT. He's made detailed, credible and compelling accusations about YCCC, at least some of which are corroborated by other sources. There's strong evidence that YCCC as an institution has allowed, and senior people within it have encouraged, a vile and toxic racist culture to flourish.

It's beyond me that Martyn Moxon, Andrew Gale and Gary Ballance haven't been suspended pending disciplinary investigations. I also think that the ECB should take away Yorkshire's right to host international matches, rather than continue with the current half-hearted suspension. (At the same time, I do appreciate that they probably haven't because if other counties are drawn in and the same measures have to be taken against them, England might end up with nowhere to play!).

Yes, Rafiq himself is evidently a ****. That to me has no bearing on how matters should move forward with regard to YCCC, and I'll be very disappointed if the progress of events is affected by it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.