You can't be offside from.......

mad zab said:
It looks like from the rules posted above that you can't be offside from a goal kick, so my understanding is wrong.

Why then do officials still give offside for this offence (second half yesterday near the dugouts Doyle was given offside from a goal kick and big cheer went up).

Also why don't teams push their forwards to within 5 yards of the penalty box and stretch the game? Especially when we were being closed down by the wolves forwards at goal kicks.
Watch how far a keeper can kick a goal kick and you will have you're answer

Dubai Blue said:
mad zab said:
Also why don't teams push their forwards to within 5 yards of the penalty box and stretch the game? Especially when we were being closed down by the wolves forwards at goal kicks.
Because no keeper could possibly reach them standing there from a goal kick.

Plenty of keepers can and have reached the opposition penalty area, especially these days.

mad zab said:
Dubai Blue said:

Plenty of keepers can and have reached the opposition penalty area, especially these days.
Out of their hands, yes. Not from a goal kick though.

mad zab said:
Dubai Blue said:

The only time I have seen a goal kick get anywhere near the oppos area is at altitude watch today's football and you will see it is not possible

big blueballs said:
I am not surprised in the slightest, it just confirms what I already know the majority of fans have never played any form of competitive football and have very limited knowledge of the game in general, we really do have some clowns who support our club but I suppose you could say that about every clubs supporters

Get off your high horse!!

My understanding of the rule is seeing players been given offside from goal kicks, especially in the 70's and 80's.

I think it best to clarify a goal kick is when the ball has gone behind from an opponents pass and the keeper places the ball on his 6 yard line...you can be offside if the keeper intercepts the ball/catches it then punts the ball long.

Hope I'm right, i would hate to get pilloried for trying my best to clarify the discussion !

mad zab said:
big blueballs said:
I am not surprised in the slightest, it just confirms what I already know the majority of fans have never played any form of competitive football and have very limited knowledge of the game in general, we really do have some clowns who support our club but I suppose you could say that about every clubs supporters

My understanding of the rule is seeing players been given offside from goal kicks, especially in the 70's and 80's.

mad zab said:
big blueballs said:

Well you're understanding of the law is wrong just accept it and the law as it stands has been in place from the get go if I am not mistaken, so why you think it was different in the 70s and 80s I don't know

Dubai Blue said:
mad zab said:
Out of their hands, yes. Not from a goal kick though.

Head and brick wall springs to mind with this conversation.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.