You can't be offside from.......

SWP's back said:
mad zab said:
I have said I was wrong BB.

But I have also seen many players given offside for this.

Just a pity that you can't have a discussion without arrogant pricks like you calling people clowns!

No you haven't.

You are the only one coming across as an arrogant prick fella.

Don't tell me what I haven't seen idiot. Of course it's arrogant to admit your wrong!

mad zab said:
Okay LB but I have seen offside given. That shouldn't surprise me as I think most fans know the rules better than the officials.

Come to think of it, that Lee Mason did bear a slight resemblance to Matt Lucas in one of his Come Fly With Me guises. I wonder if the real Lee Mason is tied up in some cupboard somewhere.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Bluebee2 said:
It's never been changed, maybe you didn't know the rules.
There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:-
a goal kick
a throw-in
a corner kick

It's changed every five fuckin' minutes. I'm talking about forty or fifty years ago.

Just found an interesting essay on the history of offside, and the goal kick has always been exempt in deeming folk offside. Ah, well, the medium term memory. Shuts out all the time we were s**t.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Bluebee2 said:
It's never been changed, maybe you didn't know the rules.
There is no offside offence if a player receives the ball directly from:-
a goal kick
a throw-in
a corner kick

It's changed every five fuckin' minutes. I'm talking about forty or fifty years ago.
I suppose I should have said offside from a goal kick has never changed, and there's me thinking you would know that with that being the topic of this thread.

lionheart said:
On the topic of goal kicks, I used to believe that goal kicks were supposed to be taken from the side of the goal where the ball went out. These days, the goalies seem to take goal kicks from either side. What is the correct ruling here? As for teams pushing up at goal kicks, maybe it's to catch attackers offside after the goal kick hits or deflects off another player? Just a thought.

Lionhart - you are correct my friend, this new slant on the placement of the ball at a goal kick was changed some time ago.....to speed up the game can you believe....you can now place the ball anywhere within the 6 yard box from a goalkick wherever it goes out.

And you have never been offside from a goalkick...period.

Grade 7 ref in the USA here (and spent 40 years in the land of my birth = England prior to coming here)

Not clever, just need to know the laws of the game (there are no rules!) prior to getting paid to do the job :-)

Another one - where you can place the ball for a corner. Watching liverpool v everton dumb scousers were going mad about nothing making dicks of themselves.

Bobby Taylor's Pub Team said:
Another one - where you can place the ball for a corner. Watching liverpool v everton dumb scousers were going mad about nothing making dicks of themselves.

Seems to be todays issue that one BT, did you see Mr Barton winding up all the Sunderland fans earlier today, everytime he took a corner by just placing it outside the quadrant and then just breaking the line when he moved it back .....brilliant!

BufordUSABlue said:
Seems to be todays issue that one BT, did you see Mr Barton winding up all the Sunderland fans earlier today, everytime he took a corner by just placing it outside the quadrant and then just breaking the line when he moved it back .....brilliant!

Didn't get to see that one, had to watch the brummies instead - missus was fuming (she's a geordie).

Funny how people get so wound up by nothing.

BufordUSABlue said:
Bobby Taylor's Pub Team said:

The rules now state that the ball must now overhang the line and thats it, hence why the ball on penalties is never now virtually placed on the spot. Its now like with throw insand the foot on the pitch rule. its sort of going down the line of cricket and if you stand on the line then you will get away with it. Offside has now changed again for the third time in 5 years now. Basically if any part of the body is goal side then you are offside apart from a throw in, Corner or goal kick. Air was binned because there is always air when one person is running one way, and another is going the other way (unless you run like micheal johnson). It then went to looking at the feet hence the line they always put up on tv., And anow its changed again to any part of the body you can play the ball with.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.