You can't be offside from.......

Okay LB but I have seen offside given. That shouldn't surprise me as I think most fans know the rules better than the officials.

denislawsbackheel said:
mad zab said:
I have said I was wrong BB.

But I have also seen many players given offside for this.

Just a pity that you can't have a discussion without arrogant pricks like you calling people clowns!

You embarrassed yourself with your breathtaking ignorance of football rules.

Now you try to justify it by saying you've seen off side given. I've watched soccer for 50 years and can't remember once.

Stop digging you are just making yourself look even more stupid now.

I would have thought that in those 50 years you would have learned that we have the RULES OF A COMPETITION that is played by the LAWS OF ASSOCIATION FOOTBALL.

Being pedantic for accuracies sake.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affeder ... 0_11_e.pdf</a>

quiet_riot said:
mad zab said:
I have watched football for over forty year's and I have seen teams push up to near the halfway line at goal kicks to try and catch people offside.

So what you're saying is not only did you not know the rules, but professional players, managers and quite possibly referees and linesmen don't know it either?

No I am saying what I have seen personally!

I suppose you will say I am wrong there as well.

quiet_riot said:
mad zab said:
Of course you can be offside from a goal kick.
That's why defenders push up when one is taken.

If you weren't teams would have players near the oppositions box when taken one.

kh7IN.png

Am i the only one in thinking what's the point in putting Corner Kick as it's physically impossible to even call for as the ball has to go forward?

mad zab said:
I have said I was wrong BB.

But I have also seen many players given offside for this.

Just a pity that you can't have a discussion without arrogant pricks like you calling people clowns!

No you haven't.

You are the only one coming across as an arrogant prick fella.

Danamy said:
Am i the only one in thinking what's the point in putting Corner Kick as it's physically impossible to even call for as the ball has to go forward?

Not really, the ball has to be placed in the quadrant, so could be in front of the goalline meaning that a forward on the line would be offside if the defending side had only one player on the post and the keeper a yard off the post.

Clever people these FIFA law makers, they think of everything (knott)

law74 said:
Danamy said:

Not really, the ball has to be placed in the quadrant, so could be in front of the goalline meaning that a forward on the line would be offside if the defending side had only one player on the post and the keeper a yard off the post.

Clever people these FIFA law makers, they think of everything (knott)

With a username like that how can i argue? ;)

Can't understand then, why this season and last have i seen it where, the goalkeeper kicked, and adebayor/jo came back from an offside position to head it, and the liner put his flag up.

infact i'm sure he did it yesterday with dzeko second half!

Freestyler said:
Can't understand then, why this season and last have i seen it where, the goalkeeper kicked, and adebayor/jo came back from an offside position to head it, and the liner put his flag up.

infact i'm sure he did it yesterday with dzeko second half!

Are you sure it wasn't a free kick taken from the 6 yard line?

C17Y AS said:
A GOAL KICK!

The number of people at the game yesterday in my block (102) that were slating the linesman for offside when a goal kick had been taken by Wolves was unbelievable. Im practically talking half of the block!

When i tried to tell a couple of the people around me that were shouting to the linesman, that you can't be offside from a goal kick, i got the same response from them being 'of course you can be offside from a goal kick!' and then looked at the people sat next to them bemused as though i was the idiot.

I hope fellow bluemooners who didn't know have learnt something.
Thanks
Rant over!

You sure about that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.