You can't be offside from.......

mad zab said:
I have said I was wrong BB.

But I have also seen many players given offside for this.

Just a pity that you can't have a discussion without arrogant pricks like you calling people clowns!
Sorry if offended MZ but I get pissed of with the ignorance of some of our fans when it comes to the game, the twats who get on players backs, the wankers who think we should be 10-0 up every game after 30mins and the clowns who don't know the laws of the game, but the big question is do you really know what a goal kick is?

conormcfc said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjXNc_B3cCc&feature=related[/youtube]

Yeah you can see that was on about 22 yards and it still only just made it to the other box.

DLB I haven't embarrassed myself, because I have admitted my understanding of the rule was wrong, but please don't be so arrogant in telling me I haven't seen what I said I have seen.

I have watched football for over forty year's and I have seen teams push up to near the halfway line at goal kicks to try and catch people offside.

Goater666 said:
conormcfc said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjXNc_B3cCc&feature=related[/youtube]

Yeah you can see that was on about 22 yards and it still only just made it to the other box.
It was the only one I could think of. There is an element of placement to the kicks though, the keepers don't just boot it as hard as they can.

BB I do know what a goal kick is. Always have done, that is why I was sure you could be offside from it. The fact I was wrong doesn't mean I am a clown who knows fuck all.

I can only say what I have personally witnessed.

PS a goal kick is given when the opposition knock the ball out of play behind the goal line. Just to stop others asking.

mad zab said:
BB I do know what a goal kick is. Always have done, that is why I was sure you could be offside from it. The fact I was wrong doesn't mean I am a clown who knows fuck all.

I can only say what I have personally witnessed.

PS a goal kick is given when the opposition knock the ball out of play behind the goal line. Just to stop others asking.
MZ just pulling you're leg mate like I said my post was more at the fans who get on players back it was bourn out of frustration due to our fans impatience or some of them anyway at yesterdays match

On the topic of goal kicks, I used to believe that goal kicks were supposed to be taken from the side of the goal where the ball went out. These days, the goalies seem to take goal kicks from either side. What is the correct ruling here? As for teams pushing up at goal kicks, maybe it's to catch attackers offside after the goal kick hits or deflects off another player? Just a thought.

mad zab said:
DLB I haven't embarrassed myself, because I have admitted my understanding of the rule was wrong, but please don't be so arrogant in telling me I haven't seen what I said I have seen.

I have watched football for over forty year's and I have seen teams push up to near the halfway line at goal kicks to try and catch people offside.

They're just keeping a high-line and trying to catch people offside from any flick-ons, not from the goal-kick itself. The rule has been there for as long as I've been watching football (since the mid-60s), I remember the sports teacher at primary school drumming the offside laws and the exceptions into our heads one afternoon!

mad zab said:

So what you're saying is not only did you not know the rules, but professional players, managers and quite possibly referees and linesmen don't know it either?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.