You could always work in a factory carlos (MERGED)

Let's make the most of our time with carlos, it sounds like he will be gone next season. One things for certain, he will give 100% until then.

BillyShears said:
I think you do him a bit of a disservice. In many ways he leads by example just by running around a lot and harrying players. It's defending from the front and it's bound to cause centre halves problems, and sets the tone for the rest of the team. I know his English is piss poor, but I do remember AJ saying in an interview a couple of weeks back that he goes golfing with him regularly, so it's not like he has no rapport with his teammates. I take your point in that it's certainly not ideal.

You have to think that there must be a healthy mutual respect between Mancini and Tevez for him to have been made club captain. Even if the idea was to motivate Tevez by giving it to him, I think we're seeing the benefit in that in his performances, because other than 45 against Sunderland they have been top class. He's such a good player when he plays to his potential that it's almost worth it for that alone.

If we look beyond him then for me there's only Vinny in that team who would deserve it long term. I don't think Kolo was right last season and to be honest I think he'll get replaced by Boateng sooner or later. There could be a case for De Jong, but maybe Mancini plans to evolve his squad quickly to a point where Nigel won't be an automatic choice to start. Same with Barry.

Maybe we're not really together on what a captain should be. I tend to feel that leading by example isn't the most important thing for a captain to do, I think that motivating his team-mates from losing positions is, and having the correct mental attitude. He should be the spokesperson for the club and the dressing room leader. I think Kompany is a good shout, as his constant interviews on the OS show he does have the right attitude, and his helping of Boyata's development has been great.

Tevez post-miss versus Sunderland was just embarrassing. He put himself in front of the well-being of the team by desperately trying to get on the score sheet himself, where twice players where in positions of an open net (Yaya and Richards if I recall).

However, this aside, he has been great this season. I have the same complaint that I did last season in that I think that he's overly greedy and puts himself above the team, but apart from that he's done very well.

I'm certainly not worried about his relationship with Mancini as they are very similar characters (if general interviews are accurate), and I think that they work very well together. He seems to know how to motivate Tevez, as the second half of Newcastle showed. They compliment each other in a variety of ways, but the relationship seems to be that of two fiery geniuses who compliment each other but argue forcefully. The Lennon and McCartney so to speak, eventually, something has to give and there's only going to be one winner there.

Once you add everything up, there's just something about Tevez that doesn't feel right to me. I don't see him as a player who will die for the shirt off the field, as well as on. I think Tevez is doing what is best for Tevez rather than City, just as Bellamy did what was best for him and got thrown out because of it.

Tevez's captaincy and lack of discipline highlight huge contradictions in Mancini's management style when he says how Bellamy leaving was discipline related. I also feel that he is a bit of a whinger. He told United he wanted to leave because he wasn't playing football. How he's playing football, he wants to retire.

Well, promising your manager that you wouldn't speak to the media pre-Derby match, then speaking to the media pre-Derby match criticising your manager is probably termed a lack of discipline.

"Maybe one of these days, I will just wake up and say no more football."

Oh yeah Carlos, well unfortunately if you do decide to say fair well to football and your 8 million fucking pounds a year ta da. But seen as City paid £30 odd mil to secure your services I am afraid you just cannot swann off our kid.

How can that above quote be so lost in translation? Like most on this forum we love you as a player but do not abuse it.

Some element of truth but the rest of it smells of bit of mischief making by the press. I will be concerned if he stopped putting the effort in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.