Young Boys (H) | CL | Post Match Thread

Got almost nothing to say. An incredible win. Young Boys finishing with 0.00 xG says everything you need to know.

This was an unbelievably comfortable victory and it seemed to have a soporific effect on our lads. I think it was hard for many to maintain concentration for anything like 90 minutes and a certain sloppiness did creep in, though we were always in complete control. Even in virtual reverse gear our lads were always far too good and Phil, Erling, Ruben and others were head and shoulders better than the opposition. John Stones is, I believe, the most intelligent player in the world and we must hope his absence is short. He certainly does not suffer from comparison with Beckenbauer. And yet we were wasteful. It is hard to believe that we played 10 men for nearly 40 minutes without scoring - against opponents who were simply out of their depth.

Expected routine win for us, didn't need to break a sweat and the main thing is we are through to the next round.

I just had a quick chat with 5 or 6 YB players in Manchester airport terminal 2 about 15mins ago. They said City were too good, but they didn't seem to be bothered by the result. They are all happy and smiley today. Nice lads.

Nunes / Kova will be just fine as they are both good players
That's the issue. We've a relatively small squad with exceptional players, hence why there's such a drop off in quality & effectiveness when "good players" like these two & Philips step in.

Scenario: We've an important match to play, & a midfield of Philips, Kovacic & Nunes.

The confidence is draining out of me at the mere thought, because I can't see a goal, a killer pass or intelligent defensive play from any of them.

Reactions: Vic
That's the issue. We've a relatively small squad with exceptional players, hence why there's such a drop off in quality & effectiveness when "good players" like these two & Philips step in.

Scenario: We've an important match to play, & a midfield of Philips, Kovacic & Nunes.

The confidence is draining out of me at the mere thought, because I can't see a goal, a killer pass or intelligent defensive play from any of them.
Which is why we need Kev back asap in the New Year and no more injuries

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.