your 15 minutes of fame (city related)

Was the first photo in the Blues Abroad section of the match programme against Villa last season.

Also a picture that was sold in the club shop of Uwe Rosler scoring against Southampton had me as a kid sitting next to my dad right behind the goals.

Been in the prog lots over the years, was in the city mag wembley 99 special, northwest tonight used my crying face on the bulletins the day after we left maine road (bastards stood at the end of my row and wouldnt leave me alone, let me cry in peace please!!!), been in the city prog in the actual credits page listed as a photographer next to all the "proper" ones!, i'm in gary james wonderful maine road book, my pic is in the inside cover of kevin cummins maine road book, and my quotes are in len grants maine road book (i see a theme here lol!!!), was interviewed in june 2003 at maine road for granada when a news crew turned up to preview the auction but mike on the gate had let some fans in for a last look round - i was running on the pitch pretending to score goals! (luckily that is not on their footage!)
There's probably more but that's all i can think of for now ;)

was the first to get married at Maine RD. 21/12/96. Pics then on all pamphlets etc advertising Maine Rd as a wedding venue, plus 2 page article in City mag.(and yes still married with 2 daughters who sit with us in family stand).Wedding certificate states place of marriage "Maine Road".

<a class="postlink" href="http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sZtZ99W5byg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sZtZ99W5byg</a>
That my 15seconds of fame. I am the red haired guy carted of, I didn't actually throw anything if you look carefully, i explained to the police how much i had just paid for that can from the nearby shop an told them that the rags are not worth £3 of my hard earned, you see i change my mind a the last moment, they eventually let me go. If they didn't that would of been my proof in court I think.

I've been on the highlights of a game against Aston Villa on the website, TV against Liverpool in the first home game a few years back on a replay of a De Jong tackle, MOTD/Season review/Sky Sports/BBC after the West Brom game when the scores filtered through that United had lost at Wigan.

Saturday 7th November 1987, I was 10 years old and I played football on the pitch at Maine road with my school mates during half time, it was the day we beat Huddersfield 10-1, a week later we were filmed training At platt lane for a slot on "saint and greavsie".

Slightly less than 15 mins but interviewed by phone on GMR by Jimmy Wagg when Ian Bishop joined my (at the time) local Miami Fusion FC. Gratifying to hear how many folks heard it and got in touch. Smashing lad Bish.

I was interviewed outside Maine Rd once by German TV, it was the match before we played Spurs in that 5-2 game under Horton and they were asking about Rosler and Klinsmann. I've no idea if it was ever broadcast and as it turned out Uwe was injured and missed the Spurs match.

My ugly mug has also appeared in the matchday prog a few times, usually in connection with Euro trips where someone else was the main feature but I'd managed to sneak into shot!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.