Your attitude towards Tevez.....

I still love him. I would prefer he stayed.

But he's not signing for Corinthians... of that I have little doubt.

So my views on him leaving, for whatever reason, will remain unchanged.

glen quagmire said:
stony said:
Sooner he fucks off the better. We will miss him on the pitch but I certainly won't miss seeing his retarded face or his off field shenanigans.

With that word, you are now my poster of the day!

Do I win a prize ? I'm running the bath at the minute so I won't be available for any award ceremony until later.

Love the guy, can never fault his efforts on the pitch, lifted our first trophy in 35 years, one of citys best ever players, he wont get any shit from me anyway.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/jul/12/the-fiver-carlos-tevez?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theguardian%2Ffootball%2Frss+%28Football%29" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011 ... ootball%29</a>

LIGHTING CIGARS WITH THE ONE I LOVE

With so many of Big Paper's finest busy sifting through the bins outside the offices of News International, the Metropolitan Police and the Houses of Parliament in a bid to see if they can find any more bodies, the Fiver was left bereft of journalistic resources to deploy in its efforts to gauge the veracity of the story linking Carlos Tevez with a return to his old club Corinthians. "Negotiations have already begun," said Tevez's Mr 15-100% Kia Joorabchian. "Corinthians are in contact with us. His dream and mine is to see him back with Corinthians. He said he has a job that does not end there, he wants to return because he has the dream of winning the Copa Libertadores."

While such sentimental bunkum is as laudable as it is implausible considering Tevez ended his last spell at Corinthians on strike, the player has previously stated that his priority is to be nearer to his young daughters in South America; an excuse that's less easy to mock even if we don't totally believe it. The sad truth is that experience has led your cynical old Fiver to suspect that neither the dreams of the footballer in question nor his agent have ever really extended much further than reveries in which the duo light cigars with £1,000,000-notes then clink champagne glasses while relaxing in a solid gold jacuzzi studded with diamonds and occasionally flicking Vs at the shivering tea-timely email outside with its nose pressed up against the glass.

A brief interlude for some proper journalism: Completely potless less than a decade ago, Corinthians were bailed out by Media Sports Investment (proprietor: Kia Joorabchian), which pumped money into the club in exchange for a controlling interest that eventually resulted in the transfer of Carlos Tevez (proprietor: Kia Joorabchian) to West Ham. And after Corinthians broke off their association with MSI in 2007 the Fiver is not as surprised as it should probably be at the prospect of Tevez and master doing business with the Brazilian club again.

"I don't want to get our fans' hopes up," trilled Corinthians director of football Duilio Monteiro Alves. ""We'll try [to sign Tevez], that's all I can say. It isn't impossible. It's a dream we're trying to realise." If Tevez is to return to Brazil, a deal will need to be completed quickly, as the Brazilian equivalent of that day when lots of excitable Sky Sports News reporters stand outside training grounds shouting at young men in expensive cars is on 20 July. With the bid on the table, the ball is very much in Manchester City's court. Expect it to be passed sideways and backwards very slowly, as is customary, for some days to come.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

"I have offered Manchester United one million euros to come here and play a friendly against Napoli. I am awaiting a reply" - In a statement that reads like a line from Indecent Proposal, the Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis reveals his hare-brained plan to lift the club's profile by bringing United to Naples – an idea which would be stupid and belittling enough to his own side anyway without the very real prospect that the clubs may face each other in a Big Cup match at Stadio San Paolo this season without money swapping hands.

DOUBLE YOUR MONEY WITH BLUE SQUARE!

Open an account with online bookies Blue Square, placing a bet of at least £5 and they'll give you a free £10 bet, win or lose! (Terms Apply) Register now.

FIVER LETTERS

"Re George Green's question (yesterday's letters) asking is Charlie Adam the oldest 25-year-old ever. Just another example of Scottish footballers lying about their age." - Aaron Brown.

"To George Green: let me add to 1,056 other voices that ask whether you've ever heard of one Robben, Mr A. Yes, he's 27 now, but two years ago he looked like Charlie Adam's great-great-grandad." - Barry Beat.

"In yesterday's Fiver it said that $tevie MBE would be playing in Liverpool's 10-man midfield yet in last Wednesday's edition Charlie Adam was said to be playing wide in an eight-man midfield. Could the Fiver or its readers please clarify this?" - Matt Page (and 1,056 others).

Send your letters to the.boss@guardian.co.uk. And if you've nothing better to do you can also tweet the Fiver.

BITS AND BOBS

Liverpool city council has told Fenway Sports Group, the owners of Liverpool, that they will have to pay back £8.2m (or half a Jordan Henderson) in European funding grants if a proposed stadium move to Stanley Park falls through.

Scotland's first minister, Alex Salmond, has criticised Hearts for taking "too long" to sack Craig Thomson after the player pleaded guilty to lewd, libidinous and indecent behaviour towards girls aged 12 and 14. "It's a blindness. What you do in football affects other things. You can't have a narrow focus," said Salmond.

Thirteen Red Sea FC players have disappeared in Tanzania, where they are believed to be seeking asylum, after the Eritrea team was knocked out of a regional tournament.

And Bursaspor have told Rangers they must pay "serious money" to re-sign the striker Kenny Miller, whom they sold to the Turkish club for the less than serious sum of £400,000 in January.

STILL WANT MORE?

How could Jonathan Wilson tell that Argentina were taking their match against Costa Rica seriously? It kicked off on time. For that and other insights, including why Lionel Messi has rediscovered his form, wend your way to his Copa America blog.

Gael Clichy stars as the moon from the Mighty Boosh, a collection of cliches and the A-Team's Templeton Peck in this week's Gallery.

In what is a proper exclusive (as opposed to the Sun transfer story sense of the word) Proper Journalist David Conn has done some proper journalism and asked the head of Qatar's World Cup bid some proper serious questions.

Arsenal blog? Check. Discussion of the future of the Emirates Two? Check. Bullish response from Professor Yaffle? Check. Angry, confused, inane, sanctimonious, do-you-get-paid-for-this? yammering below the line? Check, check and check.

Want your very own copy of our free tea-timely(ish) email sent direct to your inbox? Has your regular copy stopped arriving? Click here to sign up.

For his play on the pitch how anyone can hate Tevez is beyond me. He is our only world class player we have. We have the potential in others at the club but he is the best forward we have had and is up there with the greats. It is scary when you see his stats over the 2 seasons here with how many goals he has scored or has an assit to his name. Players like him are hard to find. Trying to replace him will be hard.

If he goes I will remember all his hard work and his goals and just what a great player he was for the club. On the pitch you cant knock him as he produced time and time again. Yes I will be gutted to see him go but thats football for you. He wont stay in Brazil for long and its a stop gap for him for a move to Italy or Spain I only hope the club are smart enough to put in a sell on clause for him and make sure they get a precentage of his next fee. He is too good of a player to playing in Brazil and the money is to be made at Champions league level will be too much of a lure to turn down.

Giant for us on the pitch this last two seasons and more than did his fair share of helping the club up the ladder...for that I salute the fella...I would love to see him stay and become part of the best City side for years but if he must go he goes with my heartfelt thanks....and if my last memory of him is crashing in that free kick against Stoke then it'll be a magical one.

Sound pretty magnanimous to me. Most are tired of his shenanigans but thank him for all his on field efforts and some great memories. When it's time to go it's time to go. If he moves to Spain, Italy or back to South America I'm sure I won't be alone in wishing him well.
Spain and Italy are obviously culture similar to Argentina, and that is more true of Brazil. I'm pretty sure where ever he goes he'll be on less money and I would hope he keeps whatever thoughts he has about certain players to himself.

Thank you Carlos for helping the project, and thank you for the goals and performances week in week out. And thank you Carlos for calling Ratboy a boot licking moron!
But please go graciously.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.