Your best day as a City fan?

This weekend was quite good. Listening to Helen Bell (or the ghost of) and watching CIty play shit reminded me of times gone by

City are back, City are back

True story

My dad died a fortnight before the 6-1. It was an international break and his funeral was the day before the Villa game the following week.
I was overcome with grief, but I had a ticket for the swamp and everyone told me that my dad would have wanted me to go. After all, he was a big blue and attended the 1956 FA Cup Final.

We weren’t kept-in after the final whistle and knowing that United don’t do gallows humour, I was quick to blend-in amongst the neanderthals and day trippers.
I jumped on a packed bus near the cricket ground. It was like a morgue and the silence was only broken when a Jim McDonald lookalike turned to me and uttered in a broad Belfast accent.
“Christ I’ve been coming here since 1978 and I’ve never seen us concede 5 before"
I was tempted to suggest that he still hadn’t, but my thoughts were interrupted by the bloke in front who enquired”

“Shit, did City get a 5th?”

I looked to the heavens and smiled.

At moments like that you believe in God

The 6-1 was the best game I've been to in my life. I was on a high from watching a football match like I have never had before or since, which lasted for about 3 or 4 days! To hear Bacon say it was the worst day at football of his life made it even sweeter.

Four of us walked from the swamp back to town, trying not to look too happy as we blended in with what was left of their lot, that stayed to the end. It was impossible to keep the smiles off our faces. We just kept looking at each other with massive grins.

All the years of those twats winning everything suddenly faded away, as that was the moment they knew we were coming to take their place.

The sixth goal for me is poetry in motion. I could watch it over & over without getting bored, it is a thing of beauty that I never tire of watching.

Scaring Europe to Death said:
True story

My dad died a fortnight before the 6-1. It was an international break and his funeral was the day before the Villa game the following week.
I was overcome with grief, but I had a ticket for the swamp and everyone told me that my dad would have wanted me to go. After all, he was a big blue and attended the 1956 FA Cup Final.

We weren’t kept-in after the final whistle and knowing that United don’t do gallows humour, I was quick to blend-in amongst the neanderthals and day trippers.
I jumped on a packed bus near the cricket ground. It was like a morgue and the silence was only broken when a Jim McDonald lookalike turned to me and uttered in a broad Belfast accent.
“Christ I’ve been coming here since 1978 and I’ve never seen us concede 5 before"
I was tempted to suggest that he still hadn’t, but my thoughts were interrupted by the bloke in front who enquired”

Superb mate

True story

outstanding mate.

True story

Quality!

I liked the end of the Aguero game but I didn't enjoy the rest.

I did enjoy the West Ham game, before, during and after and for me winning it for a 2nd time was better as it meant we were not one season wonders.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.