Your best day as a City fan?

Beating the scum at wembley - after 45yrs, it doesn't get better than that. Unless it was crying when the final whistle went against QPR - AND BEING THERE WHEN IT HAPPENED!

The day Colin Bell came on as a 2nd half sub after being out injured, he played in the back four, the emotion that day cannot be described, not a dry eye in the kip ax.

ALOT of amazing days as a blue, but nothing will ever compare to may 13th. i was completely down in the dumps, my granndad saw it before our own eyes. he dragged me out my slump and said listen, its not over yet, we will do this. didnt even flinch when dzeko scored. but when aguero broke free and scored that winner, im nearly in tears now thinking about it.

pure ecstacy. better than gillingham, better than 6-1, better than last derby at maine road, better than promotion at blackburn, better than absolutely anything. unbelievable.

stimo said:
ALOT of amazing days as a blue, but nothing will ever compare to may 13th. i was completely down in the dumps, my granndad saw it before our own eyes. he dragged me out my slump and said listen, its not over yet, we will do this. didnt even flinch when dzeko scored. but when aguero broke free and scored that winner, im nearly in tears now thinking about it.

pure ecstacy. better than gillingham, better than 6-1, better than last derby at maine road, better than promotion at blackburn, better than absolutely anything. unbelievable.

I never moved for Dzeko's goal. Too little, too late.

Best moment was YAYA smashing that ball to win us the FA Cup final. The relief of getting the 35 year monkey off our back.

I was lucky enough to at Wembly / Gillingham also the QPR game .

But the "winner" 1-6 , that was to me such a "turning point".

The look at the faces of the rags in the Mauldeth that day , wow .

Close second Bacon Face celebrating at Sunderland and then the Sunderland fans doing the pozman .

I honestly have tears in my eyes just thinking abiut it know .

PS a final thought the MCFC fans observing the silence at Old Trafford ( SO SO PROUD OF THEM ) that is right up there , infact i cannot split the 3 !!

1, balotelli to aguerooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 2, wembley fa cup final win 3, 6-1 at old trafford 4, fa cup semi-final win WORST DAY... november 1978 at home to ipswich and watching my uncle kenny clements breaking his leg...

Re: Your best day as a City fan??

CITY FOR LIFE said:
Sat opp the Holt end when we scored in the FAC Semi Final v Ipswich Town, priceless watching half the Holt End full of City Fans going mad.
i was in the holte end ... going mad<br /><br />-- Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:18 am --<br /><br />i think i enjoyed beeting the scum at wembley more than the final.

The 6-1 win was literally the weirdest thing I've ever experienced in my life. I spent the last five minutes of that game running around City Square laughing my head off because I wasn't sure what to do.

My favourite piece of commentary (aside from the obvious) ever is definitely "It's Silva... it's five!" The utter disbelief in the way he (Rob Hawthorne?) says "five" pretty much sums the day up for me.

Mental.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.