Your best day as a City fan?

It has to be winning the league last year, the preceding 30 minutes or so where it was shaping up to be the worst day as a City fan made it so much better.

Winning the league last year has to be the answer. The FA cup was sweet after so many years but the match against QPR had everything.

After the obvious of winning the league.....hearing my son sing "if you hate Man United clap your hands" as a 2 year old (he is 9 now!)as we travelled into Manchester on a train, from that moment on I knew he was a blue for life

Every single day, never regretted a minute of it, never once envied the glory hunters at the swamp, just love being a City fan, such a big part of my life, thanks Dad

I can pretty much give the exact minute when the best 24 hours as a City fan began...
Sunday 13th May 2012 at 15:49. At 15:45 it was shaping up to be the worst 24 hours. Ah the fickle finger of fate...

I was too young really to appreciate the 1968 title triumph,although i was fully immersed in following City to enjoy the cup and cup winners cup victories on tv.My dad wasn't interested in football so i had no adult to take me to away matches,cup finals etcetera and i wasn't allowed to go on my own,none of my mates were.The first one was Wolves in 1974 when we lost.

I have had some good days since,the promotions,winning derbies,the 5-1 being the best before the 6-1.I was there when we won the league cup in 1976 and i never in my wildest dreams imagines it would be 35 years before we won another!

I have to say winning the title in the manner we did and being there was my greatest ever day,well 4 minutes,lol.....following City ever.

Until we had won it i didn't really appreciate what an achievement it was,to play every team twice,claw back an eight point deficit with only eighteen up for grabs,against all the odds.Add to the fact i never thought i would see this day in my lifetime and wouldn't except for the takeover and it is easily my best day ever!

interesting bump. i suppose this will change year on year as we contiue to rack up great days.

i have been going 50 years and had some unbelievable times watching city. the title in 68, cup wins the 6-1 and of course the gillingham game. all those though pale into insignificence when compared to the augero title, the cup semi final v the rags and the cup win against stoke that ended our drought also were magnificent but nothing can touch that augeroooooo moment.

de niro said:
interesting bump. i suppose this will change year on year as we contiue to rack up great days.

i have been going 50 years and had some unbelievable times watching city. the title in 68, cup wins the 6-1 and of course the gillingham game. all those though pale into insignificence when compared to the augero title, the cup semi final v the rags and the cup win against stoke that ended our drought also were magnificent but nothing can touch that augeroooooo moment.

Whilst winning the title in 2012 was unquestionably the best day, in terms of the adrenaline rush Dickov at Wembley still shades Agueroooooooo for me. Perhaps there was just so much riding on the QPR game that the sheer relief of that goal and its implications (ie not losing the title to those fucking c**ts), just took away a tiny fraction of the intensity, whereas nothing could sate the sheer ecstasy of Dickov's goal as I fell over those shitty little bench seats and screamed and screamed and screamed. And perhaps like Billy Bragg once said "It's never the same after the first time........"

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.