your dad

MIKEYP said:
Lost my Dad to cancer 6 years ago.Still cant get over the fact he is not here.He was my best mate and I think about him every day.RIP Ged.

Same here mate. Will be 6 years in September. I miss him loads. My best friend and always there when I needed advice or a chat. Married to my mum for 55 years and told her he loved her every day. Wish he could have been here to see last season. RIP Dad.

Lost my dad the night/early morning of the 0-0 with the rags the season before last.

He had cancer and knew his time was up and made me promise to go to the game.

Miss him loads.

My dad is an absolute legend, my best mate who has always always been there for me. When I was young, an idiot teenager, a bit of a knob head 20 year old and now im a mature(ish) 28 year old.

We go to the match together be it at the Etihad, away games in the country and all over europe wouldnt swap him for anyone else in the world.

If I can be half as good a dad as he is I wont be going far wrong

My Dad died when I was 4 and my Mum brought up me and my two sisters. He sounds like he was great fun and I wish I'd had the opportunity to get to know him. Highest praise from my Mum was always that my Dad would've been proud of me.

Mum died Christmas 1999 of a brain tumour and I really miss her. I had a great relationship with her and she was my best friend. After she died myself and my sisters fell out and didn't speak for about 5 years and I think she would've knocked our heads together. We made up on a very drunk night in Bamburgh and have been really close ever since. It has helped we are all City obsessed married to City obsessed husbands and that was the common ground that let us start speaking again.

So I always feel sad when I hear people don't get on with their parents, and despite the loss of my Mum I feel really honoured that I had all that time and fun with her especially after my Dad dying so young.

Going off for a good cry now!

My Dad died when he was 48 and I was 19, which is over 30 years ago but I still miss him and I certainly find it very sad to hear people say that they hate their parents and mean it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.