Your Dumbest Match-Day Comment

Sat in the 3rd tier at Wembley Yaya Toure receives the ball on the right hand side of the 16 yard box from Zabba. As the ball left his foot it looked like from my angle he'd tried a cross and it sailed over to which I stood up and shouted "Fucks sake Ya...".
Everybody around me rightly took the piss after the goal and I had to take it on the chin as being a no nowt idiot ha.

I was a steward at the opening test game v Barcelona when fans were meant to get used to the new ground layout etc ..a lady asked me if I have seen her husband ? She had lost him in the crowd,I said what is he wearing ?
She said a City shirt ! I looked around the whole stadium and there were probably 10,000 males wearing the new season shirts

Cant remember a specific one for city but remember England v Greece last minute. Whole family there about 20 of us and I shouted aww for God sake don't let him take another one. Give someone else a chance...

I was one of the ''Don't hit it Vinny'' people, much to the amusement of the guys I sit near who still give me stick about it!

“You’re too late you ****s”.

When Dzeko scored against QPR in 2012.
M
I normally confine myself to either shouting loudly at defenders preparing to shoot from too far out - Kompany v Leicester, or Walker v Newcastle for example, or offering set piece advice - "Don't let Flower / Spanish Dave have it" (Ipswich & Newcastle). (In my defence, prior to recently becoming the world's finest exponent of a free kick, Signor Silva's previous efforts were usually dinks landing on the roof of the net)

Anyway, earlier this season I surpassed myself. City were playing an evening cup game (can't recall who against) and me and number one son parked up early doors at St Brigid's, preparing to stroll over to Asda for tea. We normally sit in Colin Bell Level 3 but it was closed for this fixture, so we had been shifted to somewhere in Level 1.

Who should be climbing out of the only other vehicle in the car park but our mate Tony, who sits just in front of us, and was already aware of our preferred pre-match eaterie. As he approached, Tony launched two quick fire questions at me: "Off to Asda for your tea? Where are you sitting?"

Now Tony is a retired pilot and clearly a very intelligent man, so I was somewhat dumbfounded by these two seemingly inane queries, which, in hindsight, I regret thinking were linked. At the time all I could do was hit him with an Alan Partridge shrug and Hugh Grant stammer: "Where.., wherever there's space?"

It was then that I received simultaneous stereo responses. Left ear, Tony - "Not in Asda, you dozy bugger!" Right Ear, Harvster Junior - "Oh, for ***** sake!"

Dear Blue Mooners, have you ever embarrassed yourself in a similar manner....?
oh well at least it’s saved our unbeaten home record after Edin scored v qpr

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.