Your favourite county in England and Wales?

The local populations reaction when they realise you're on the way home from the pub.

giphy.gif

How dare you..... i would never cheat on the wife...

2qato55.jpg

Raith Rovers play in the town of Kirkaldy, Fife, the town is famous for it's linoleum factory, Nairns. My first wife was from the town, having visited on a few occasions it became clear to me why she was so miserable, it wasn't just being married to me, it was due to growing up in such a depressing town.

I used to work with a lass from Dundee and I always charmed her with the phrase "Ah, the jute mills o' Fife"!

Cumbria by a million billion light years. Don't get me wrong - there's a lot of beauty all over England and Wales, but Cumbria contains the entirety of The Lake District plus a huge number of areas of outstanding natural beauty. Put bluntly, nowhere can compete with that.

I still call it Cumberland. Yer can't buy a Cumbria sausage, but yer can buy a Cumberland sausage. I stopped once at Tebay services and bought some so-labelled Cumberland sausages and asked the guy whether we were in Cumberland or Westmoreland, 'cos I didn't want fakes. He said he didn't know 'cos he was from Malaga!

My Mum came from Whitehaven and i think she always said that Silloth was like Paradise. I've never been to Silloth so I don't know, but Whitehaven always struck me as being very ill-named!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.