Your favourite county in England and Wales?

The Ty Coch is our local mate. We're based on the working farm that's next to the Porthdinnlaen golf course. Great walk up the rivals with stunning views. I've not done Mynydd Rhiw, but have been through Rhiw to the tea room looking out to Hells Mouth, which is a stunning view by itself. :-)
Nice! I'm jealous as miss Lleyn a lot - in a very miserable Auckland for the weekend to watch the Wales , all blacks game.

Have you been down to Porth Ceiriad which is a abersoch way, a real sun trap and faces south is warmer than Porth dinllaen, it's a lovely sandy beach and better than whistling sands. Aberdaron is lovely for a beer or two as well on a sunny day

Good topic with lots of suggestions. The obvious ones are Cornwall, Devon, Cunbria which are all stunning. For me I like things off the beaten track. Gwynedd in Wales is gorgeous, Argyll And Bute in Scotland is simply breathtaking, and whatever the outer Hebrideas falls under. Crystal clear water, white sandy beaches, mountain rising up out of the ocean and nobody there. On a sunny warm day there really isn't many other places in the world that top it.

Luskentyre, Isle Of Harris.
Agree with that have to say when it comes to a holiday give me somewhere beautiful and wild over a tourist island , city or beach anyday.

Have you been up North of Lochinver, some stunning beaches, mountains and coast up there . Haven't been to Harris but Skye, Mull, Islay, jura all amazing.

Just come back mate. Been 6 times this year already H. Going again in 2 weeks. Do you go in the Ty Coch mate while your there?
No mate although the girlfriend knows it, isn't it supposed to be the best pub in some place or other ?

She does know most of the places as she grew up round there as did her dad (Llanbedrog), handy having a Welsh speaker with you ;-)

Herefordshire, its far away from the maddening crowd, home of some excellent real ales, and its only two and a half hours away from Manchester by train, to allow us City fans to see our team.

Have to agree with this. I spend the first few days of the fishing season every year on the Wye near Ross. That's next week and i'm looking forward to it immensely. Second and third choices would be the adjoining counties Worcestershire and Shropshire. That whole area of England to the West of the M6 before you get into Wales seems to have retained it's old English remoteness, charm and peace.

No mate although the girlfriend knows it, isn't it supposed to be the best pub in some place or other ?

She does know most of the places as she grew up round there as did her dad (Llanbedrog), handy having a Welsh speaker with you ;-)

It got voted the 3rd best beach bar in the world a few years ago, its right on the beach and in a fantastic spot, deffo worth popping in for a pint mate.

Nice! I'm jealous as miss Lleyn a lot - in a very miserable Auckland for the weekend to watch the Wales , all blacks game.

Have you been down to Porth Ceiriad which is a abersoch way, a real sun trap and faces south is warmer than Porth dinllaen, it's a lovely sandy beach and better than whistling sands. Aberdaron is lovely for a beer or two as well on a sunny day

Not done Porth Ceiriad mate, but i will do now..:-)

It got voted the 3rd best beach bar in the world a few years ago, its right on the beach and in a fantastic spot, deffo worth popping in for a pint mate.
Will bear that in mind mate, she has a place not far from Porthmadog in the grounds of a country hall, so a bit further round from Ty Coch, it''s so beautiful and relaxing, going Borth-Y-Gest tomorrow ;-)

The Ty Coch is our local mate. We're based on the working farm that's next to the Porthdinnlaen golf course. Great walk up the rivals with stunning views. I've not done Mynydd Rhiw, but have been through Rhiw to the tea room looking out to Hells Mouth, which is a stunning view by itself. :-)

The local populations reaction when they realise you're on the way home from the pub.

giphy.gif

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.