Your favourite county in England and Wales?

Another shout out for Gwynedd. We have a caravan in Morfa Nefyn on the Llyn Peninsula. I went to Cornwall for years. I get the same landscape and beaches with a two hr drive instead of 5/6 hrs. Plus Snowdonia. Never had a problem with the Welsh either, granted they're all scum or red dippers.
Lleyn is definitely the place I miss most being down in Aus. The walk up the rivals on a sunny day, have lunch up at tre'r ceiri or Porth dinnlaen for a beer - wonderful part of the world, only beaten by the view out Bardsey island from Mynydd Rhiw .

Cornwall is on another level to the rest of this country in my opinion! Devon and parts of Dorset are very special too!
Truth is Cornwall and West of Swansea are incredibly similar and the only difference for me is Cornwall has more tat, more tourists and is more expensive . With Pembrokeshire you get all the beauty but just a little more rugged. That I prefer Lleyn or the north west of Scotland to either Cornwall or permbrokeshire (though I love both) as things are a little Wilder and a little less polished

Good topic with lots of suggestions. The obvious ones are Cornwall, Devon, Cunbria which are all stunning. For me I like things off the beaten track. Gwynedd in Wales is gorgeous, Argyll And Bute in Scotland is simply breathtaking, and whatever the outer Hebrideas falls under. Crystal clear water, white sandy beaches, mountain rising up out of the ocean and nobody there. On a sunny warm day there really isn't many other places in the world that top it.

Luskentyre, Isle Of Harris.

Another shout out for Gwynedd. We have a caravan in Morfa Nefyn on the Llyn Peninsula. I went to Cornwall for years. I get the same landscape and beaches with a two hr drive instead of 5/6 hrs. Plus Snowdonia. Never had a problem with the Welsh either, granted they're all scum or red dippers.

Similar for me mate, although I'd say the landscape was far more stunning, it's really opened my eyes that we have such beautiful places virtually on our doorstep, don't think I'll ever bother going to Cornwall again, going again this weekend so if you're over that way give me a shout ;-).

Similar for me mate, although I'd say the landscape was far more stunning, it's really opened my eyes that we have such beautiful places virtually on our doorstep, don't think I'll ever bother going to Cornwall again, going again this weekend so if you're over that way give me a shout ;-).

Just come back mate. Been 6 times this year already H. Going again in 2 weeks. Do you go in the Ty Coch mate while your there?

Lleyn is definitely the place I miss most being down in Aus. The walk up the rivals on a sunny day, have lunch up at tre'r ceiri or Porth dinnlaen for a beer - wonderful part of the world, only beaten by the view out Bardsey island from Mynydd Rhiw .

The Ty Coch is our local mate. We're based on the working farm that's next to the Porthdinnlaen golf course. Great walk up the rivals with stunning views. I've not done Mynydd Rhiw, but have been through Rhiw to the tea room looking out to Hells Mouth, which is a stunning view by itself. :-)

In England Lancashire and Derbyshire are great for walking. Parks and lakes are both great but with comes the rain, Lans is also our home county, Wales well Pembrokeshire is some of the best scenery in the country. Coastal was are brilliant and the beaches are fantastic look up Barafundal Bay. Tenby is great for for a few beers

Barafundle bay is my all time favourite beach. absolutely stunning. Carbis bay 2nd.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.