Your Favourite Edin Dzeko moment?

Edin kept us in the hunt for all three of the major trophies City have won recently.

The late goal v Notts County in the 2011 FA Cup 4th round, the equaliser v QPR and his goals in the last three games of 13/14 before the finale v West Ham.

He is a City legend already in my book.

I Think him checking his fingers before showing the crowd what the score was when he the 6th past the scum!

what a moment!

I'm on holiday in Italy at the moment. There is a piece about him in the Gazzeto del Sport that says "Dzeko is the Batistuta of 2015".

Not on his showing for the first five months of it, he wasn't.

That said, he had a knack so scoring important goals at crucial times. He came when we hadn't won a thing in however many years and left with every medal English club football has to offer a top flight club. He goes with our thanks and our affection.

One for Gary James, I suppose, but have City ever dropped a striker before who had got four in his last game?

It's a strange feeling. Call me a sentimentalist but I am going to miss the big lug.

What sticks in my mind are the four goals against Tottenham, his critical role towards the end of the 13/14 season when Kun was injured, his crucial goal against QPR, and of course running on to the pass of the season from Merlin in the 6-1.

Thanks for the contribution Edin. You will always have a special place in our hearts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.