Your first City match?

Blackpool, 1971, I was 7, went with my uncle who was a big blue and that's why I'm here. It's been an interesting journey!

Blackpool, '55. I was 8. I went with my uncle. Thank the fuck it was a City home game that weekend, or the worse thing possible could have happened to an impressionable little lad! Oh, I think Revie and Bobby Johnstone scored. We battered 'em 2-0! I can't remember who scored our first goal last weekend but I can remember vividly those tangerine shirts running out to be destroyed.

Took my eldest lad to City v Sheff United late 1980s .went in North Stand .City sold us tickets that actualy belonged to two season ticket holders (some things dont change).any way after about 5 min and some City fans moving about we managed to get seated next to each other .City won and my lad still goes and is a season ticket holder himself

Coventry at home, January 1974, won 4-2
This game was played in torrential rain on a Tuesday afternoon due to the miners strike, and we were sat in the uncovered bit between the main and north stands

oh and my first away game was burnley away a 0 0 draw denis tueart missing 2 pens plus burnley fans throwing darts into our end.my mum wouldn't let my dad take me to an away game for a couple of years after that

Fulham home 2003. 4-1 we were brilliant. Super sub SWP scored with pretty much his first touch. We signed Fowler that next week......then the next weekend we lost at home to bottom of the table West Brom. Ah City.

Boxing Day 1968 as a 9 year old. Tickets were Xmas present from my grandad. Mums family from Manchester and we were up from our home in South Wales visiting over Xmas. Crowd of 53k+ and we lost 3-1 with Colin the king getting our goal and a young slim joe royle getting two for them and I think jimmy husband got the other. Used to visit grandparents in summer holidays too and I remember once being allowed as a kid into Maine road just before season started to see pitch which seemed enormous and like a billiard table.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.