Your first City match?

oh and my first away game was burnley away a 0 0 draw denis tueart missing 2 pens plus burnley fans throwing darts into our end.my mum wouldn't let my dad take me to an away game for a couple of years after that
Carnage that day remember fans covered in blood being walked round the touchline.

My first away was a 3-1 win at the swamp sat on the fencing behind the goal 71/72.

First game was Stoke boxing day 79. I was only 4 at the time so I dont remember that. First game I actually remember was Grimsby 83. There was me, my dad, my grandad and my great grandad all in attendance for the last time. It was my great grandads last game and he had been going to Maine Road since it had been opened

Villa at home. Trevor Morley’s debut. Lost 2-0. Villa won the 2nd Division title that year. Hard to imagine then we’d be where we are now.

Sheffield United at Home October 1971 with a 2-1 win . Fantastic afternoon as Sheffield United were top of the league at the time. A couple of United mates took me on the understanding I went to a United game with them. All as I remember about the United Match was the disgusting smell of what seemed like chip oil coming from Trafford Park.

My Nana remarried a fella called Harold who worked both the turnstiles at Maine Rd and the Swamp. On Saturdays I would go with him, at OT we would leave when he had tilled up. At Maine Rd we would watch the second half as he was a blue. My most vivid memory was my first night game so I class that as my first match although it wasn't. It was against borussia mönchengladbach and I don't even remember what score it was just the floodlights, it being night time and playing a team I could not even pronounce the name of. By twist of fate us drawing Monchengladbach twice in the CL gave me opportunity to make them my now 7yr olds first City game and also my now 4yr olds first game when another twist of fate the weather, when the game got cancelled until the next day enabled me to take him. He only lasted till half time and fell asleep having only just turned 3yrs old but I got him there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.