Your first City match?

http://bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=3171

Stoke home 76-77 season, aged 9. My dad was a red and had just about forgiven me for telling him United were shit when they lost the FA Cup final to Southampton, I had to leap over the garden fence as he chased me up the street he was so pissed off. I was allowed to go and watch with my Uncle and cousins who were Blues. 0-0 draw after all that, went again same season 1 more time QPR yet again 0-0, think Tueart missed 2 pens and I actually saw Mike Lester play! Finally saw us win for the first time the next season vs Norwich Channon scored 2 in a 4-1 win. First season ticket 1981-82 season when at Xmas I thought we were going to win the league...
my first game too!..my next game was the following season, we beat Everton, and Brian kidd scored..I also remember him getting stretcherd off, but can't remember if that was the game..anyone?

Coventry at home, January 1974, won 4-2
This game was played in torrential rain on a Tuesday afternoon due to the miners strike, and we were sat in the uncovered bit between the main and north stands

was that the league cup game, Q/F

Need some help here fellow Blues,there was a night game when Tony Coleman’s shorts were ripped but cannot find out the opposition as i think that was my first game would have been circa 1968-69 season.Also went to the Linfield 1970 night game a 1-0 win that I do remember.

1974 Maine Rd, beat Luton 1-0, Summerbee header. Literally took my breath away as I got to top of Platt Lane steps and saw THAT pitch for first time. Seemed so green, so vast. Sat on a bundle of newspapers my grandad had wrapped up for me to sit on. Next to him and my dad. Next game I went to we beat Newcastle 5-0 and Malcolm McDonald knocked some poor fucker out in the pre-match warm-up by battering the ball against their head. We seemed invincible at Maine Rd in those days.

this in div 1 I think you can se me in the shoreham st stand when we scored the first 2 goals on left hand side but I think I went to watch Bolton v city in league cup b4 then

City v Blackpool August 1970 - my 9th Birthday treat. 2-0 Goals from Lee and Bell - it was a night match - the colour and noise were amazing. Not only was I hooked but my Dad who had had very little interest in football was as well - and decided this was a great things to with his lads .... he's not there too often anymore but we all are.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.