Your first derby memories

awest

Mine were 1979 stood behind the kippax near the north stand corner. Kicked off between the fans and I got a small brick on my napper. Covered in claret and only 13 years old. Can't remember a thing about the game and when I got home my mum said you're never going to another derby. Not missed a home one since. Come on city..

Starting on the day that City's sub for the afternoon Bobby Owen got married when we beat the scum 1-0 with a Summerbee goal - I saw us win two maybe three trophies and four or five Derby's before that git of a first team coach we now employ scored two in an FA Cup match which we lost 3 - 0.

My childhood was blessed and the history section on Bluemoon is a wonderful thing !

That i proper remember as a blue...

We were winning and they made a sub and hughes or mcclaire did us late on.
I think it ended 3-2 or 3-1, early 90's.

Any older chaps able to put meat on the bones of that match please?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.worldfootball.net/report/premier-league-1995-1996-manchester-city-sheffield-wednesday/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.worldfootball.net/report/pre ... wednesday/</a>

That was the first match i went to using my own cash as a blue.

February 1955 at Old Trafford when we won 5-0.

We lived in Gorse Hill so I was allowed to walk to the game on my own (age 10).

Bert Trautmann was immense that day.

goaterslip1998 said:
Mick Mccarthy wiv sick tash heading it in from miles out get that down yoooos

That was mine too

Blueles61 said:
3-3 at Maine Rd, 1971

And me. Strangley the only thing I can remember from the day was McIlroy scoring at the Platt Lane end.

Officially the biggest crowd I've ever been in for a home game, will obviously never be bettered at Maine Road but could be beaten for a home game in a couple of seasons.

Also went to the swamp game that season and sat on the fence at the front...managed to touch the ball and we won 3-1, for a 7 years old it was happy days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.