Your First Favorite City Player And Why

Kinky for me from when I started watching City.

Players over the years like Horlock, Dickov, Goater, Tiatto, Ali B etc

I'm guessing most people's are the same since 1999ish

I didn't really have one in my first season but Tommy Hutchsion became my favourite shortly after. He was an old school wide player who just liked to attack the opposition. He was an entertainer. He also looked like a 60 year old bloke which kind of added to his aura.

I don't think my relationship with him ever properly recovered after the 81st minute of the FA Cup Final.

Has to be the Goat...not fit to lace Bell,Berkovic or Francis' boots but just personifies everything I love about City....written off,derided and yet came back to make himself a hero,Grimble-style,in one of the most transitional stages in the club's history-and still the one guy who when you meet still has a total "aura" about him.

Peter Barnes in the late 70's when I first started going to Maine Road.

Paul Power in the 80's

Niall Quinn in the 90's

the Goat in the late 90's early noughties.

no real favourites after the goat until the last few years

Now Kompany and NDJ are my favourites (with silva close behind)

pirate said:

Paul Power in the 80's

Niall Quinn in the 90's

would agree with your choices peter barnes was unplayable on his day although they wasnt as often as we would have liked, surprised no tevez in the now favourites.

david white for me why? because he was fucin fast my second was uwe rosler cos of his shear determination to want to win you could just tell he loved to wear the shirt i also liked morizio goudino (i doubt thats how you spell it) i cant remember why i liked him tho

travelman said:
pirate said:

Paul Power in the 80's

Niall Quinn in the 90's

would agree with your choices peter barnes was unplayable on his day although they wasnt as often as we would have liked, surprised no tevez in the now favourites.

no tevez because its about favourites. Tevez is a great player and I love the fact he is at city, but is about 5th in the list of players I like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.