Your First Game

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Too young to remember around 1980 at the age of six.

Remember images of seeing Arsenal but first real memory was hitting Norwich for six in the FA Cup Final run.

The first derby game I was allowed to attend was 1985 when Mick McCarthy scored with that header.

Only 30,000 there that day, can't remember why.

Because City introduced some wierd voucher scheme for that game, and a couple of others v Chelsea and (I think) Leeds, to prevent crowd trouble. there was a voucher given to buy tickets for all three a few weeks before at the turnstile.

And it was live on telly too.

Leeds 1974. Watched it from halfway up one of the support stantions in the Kippax where my dad told me to climb up to avoid the crush against the barriers. Remember walking out after the game and seeing it kicking off everwhere and in perticular a Leeds fan was getting a good kicking. A woman driving a car pulled up and shouted towards a policeman nearby who told her to wind her window up and drive on.

October 1994 for me against Tottenham. We won 5-2 against Ossie Ardiles and Klinsmann's Spurs. We were sat in the 'under construction' Kippax with no roof, in the pissing down rain with a crane dripping on us. Great game and I will never forget it

very vague memories of it but i think it was in the 1990/1991 season at maine road

norwich at home 2-0 win, can anyone comfirm this?

haven't a scooby, but i've recently found my first ever shirt, it says 3/4 years and my dad reckons he bought it for me around the time i started going.

must have been around 1995.

Blu KB said:
very vague memories of it but i think it was in the 1990/1991 season at maine road

norwich at home 2-0 win, can anyone comfirm this?

Was it this one (it was 2-1 rather than 2-0 though)?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/Matches/Match.aspx?id=3900" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/History/ ... px?id=3900</a>

Can't remember mine really but it was around 1955/1956 and, do not shoot the messenger, in those days I went to City one week and United the next. Couldn't afford many away matches then and had to give up attending when I had my children because I couldn't afford it then either, although I did attend the occasional match with them. So coming back to actually attending matches 10 years ago has been like going back to my youth!! Especially all the away matches and the European travel.

Never had to look this up anywhere as it's always been indellibly etched in my memory.

Last match of 1958/9 season. Leicester at home and City had to win to stay in Div 1. Typical City went 1-0 down, but came storming back to win 3-1. Scorers were Joe Hayes, Billy McAdams & Ray Sambrook. I was hooked.
My Dad sat me up on a crush barrier in the Scoreboard End and I couldn't believe how huge Maine Road seemed.

In those days teams used the same kit all season, washing it each week, and I remember that Leicester's change kit was red & white. As it was the end of the season the kit had obviously been washed so many times that the colours had run. Thus they actually played in red with PINK edgings.

Those were the days !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.