Your First Game

February '77 (aged 13) at Ashton Gate (Bristol City) - in with East End with the home supporters - proper scary!! - trying not to look obvious when City went 2-0 down and then trying not to get a kicking when we got it back to 2-2!

My Dad took me to my first game in '91. Inevitably a defeat, but Keith Curle became my new hero that day :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNLKeT-tDio[/youtube]

Been a fan since 99, The 1st game I went to was under KK against Coventry at Maine Rd we won 3-2 in the 01/02 season.

Colin Bell's home debut was also mine, Plymouth Argyle 1966 1-1.

I was a guest of Norman Sykes, he played for Plymouth then was transferred to Stockport and had come to see his old team mates as County had played on the Friday, I was 11 and was at school with Jamie Sykes, Norman's son.

Like an earlier poster I didn't realise until I did some internet searching the significance of my first game.

City Square said:
My Dad took me to my first game in '91. Inevitably a defeat, but Keith Curle became my new hero that day :)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mNLKeT-tDio[/youtube]

Things that occured to me watching that -

* David White was fucking good.
* They used Sheff Wednesday's badge for Oldham at the end.
* We looked fucking smart with dark blue socks.

City vs Blackpool F.A Cup 1987/88 season

Went with my Grandad and Dad when I was 9, we won the replay 2 - 1. Loved Man. City & live matches after that.

Mine was away at Oldham when I was about 6. We beat them 6-0, there's no forgetting a game when City score 6

Why Always Ste said:
Hell no, I was probably around 6mths old, even the games I went to at 5yrs old and shit even games I went to this season I don't have much remembrance of.... Yet people post football-erotic tales of exact descriptions of the Kippax when they were 8yrs old and so on.

I was 18 and it was my first ever proper match in a big stadium. Why on earth would I not remember it? We beat Blackpool 3-0.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.